Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yeah, we're moving our company phones back to Vodafone having switched from them to Orange. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Yeah, we're moving our company phones back to Vodafone having switched from them to Orange. Now, Orange is a total NIGHTMARE with zero level of customer service. They've only just started offering Blackberry service and even just getting a data plan added to my wife's account for a Pearl I bought on ebay was like pulling teeth. You might pay a little more for Vodafone, but they're worth it.

nokia2003 no está en línea Stack level 1
    hi gar-williams. you are absolutely right. but it is just not the price you see. i just simply don't fancy vodafone because they love to change the entire mobile phone software to their own default, ugly and red ones (motorola v3i and sharp phones are perfect examples) and trying to reformat it automatically voids your warranty. moreover, vodafone loves to embed their logo permanently on their phones. both of these 'features' reduce the value of your phone significantly when you try to sell them off ebay. i would say o2 (hands my blackberry pearl aside of course) is among the best when it comes to this. besides, calling numbers with 0800, 0844, 0845 etc prefix is taken off your o2 free mins and international texts will only cost you approximately half of vodafone's.

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3
    got to admit, I hate that red splash screen thing they have. This locking, branding stuff does my head in too. Interesting re the charges on those numbers - never realised, but I guess I'm lucky in that my employer pays my bills, so I never see these charges . worth bearing in mind when I get shot of Orange with the wife's phone next year.

nokia2003 no está en línea Stack level 1
    anyway latest update, i called o2 for the third time. it is 30pds to unlock it; no cheaper or vice versa. i tried to haggle like a tourist buying fakes in thailand but it was no good. it was firm no.

oh by the way gar-williams, in case you have not heard of this before. there is a 0844 prefix number which allows you to dial international numbers (from the UK of course) to Canada, the states, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore etc by depleting your inclusive free mins directly. hence there is a good reason, why i stick to o2 all these years despite their not-so-friendly-service-compared-to-vodafone. ££££££££££!!!

interferon18 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: unlocking PEARL uk - oh my god!

Quote Originally Posted by Gar-williams
    Happy days and good to know about the pay as you go route. Pity the people you get speaking to when you call the operators are invariably awkward twats.... well the first 5 people I had to go through @ Orange were, but that's a long and painful story of frustration!
    Seasons greetings all
    Hey,
    i have my pearl locked with orange UK.I am going to take the services of www.gsmphonesource.com as i find adam the only guy to unlock pearl with any network in the World.Any suggestions on that?
    thanx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123