Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I just tried Adam @ gsmsource myself, heres his response to me as of last ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

totalself no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

I just tried Adam @ gsmsource myself, heres his response to me as of last night:

"The service is down right now, I hope to resume it beginning of january"

I am in the same predicament. I have an 8100 locked to O2 in the UK. Every single third party unlocking service has told me they cant unlock it (yet) and have suggested my only possibility is through O2 direct. O2 themselves have told me it is completely impossible for them to supply the unlocking code for any phone within its first 12 months, personally i think this is horseshit but i might very well be wrong since every other time ive had a phone unlocked ive just gone to my usual guy on the High Street.
    The phone was bought out of contract but that doesnt seem to make any difference, even if i did have a contract O2 are saying they wont release the unlock code for 12 months.
    Personally im at a complete loss of what to do - any suggestions?

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by totalself
    I just tried Adam @ gsmsource myself, heres his response to me as of last night:

I am in the same predicament. I have an 8100 locked to O2 in the UK. Every single third party unlocking service has told me they cant unlock it (yet) and have suggested my only possibility is through O2 direct. O2 themselves have told me it is completely impossible for them to supply the unlocking code for any phone within its first 12 months, personally i think this is horseshit but i might very well be wrong since every other time ive had a phone unlocked ive just gone to my usual guy on the High Street.
    The phone was bought out of contract but that doesnt seem to make any difference, even if i did have a contract O2 are saying they wont release the unlock code for 12 months.
    Nightmare guys and sorry to hear this. I must have been lucky getting mine unlocked when I did.

Only thing I can suggest is to keep trying UK sources; I was told in Belfast thjat they expected an update to their software "soon"... don't know what that means, but I'll check them out and let you know.

rashumon no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by totalself

sorry mate but this is horse**** O2 are giving you - they do provide an unlocking service for £15, at least that's what they told me. it takes up to 28 days for them to get the code over but they do provide this service - i ordered it and am now waiting for my code...
    The problem with O2 customer services is that they are totally crap! it took me a few calls to get to someone with half a brain who actually understood what i was talking about to sort it out. the first twat i talked to sent me to an O2 store and waisted so much of my time... just be persistant, that's the key - at the end of the day you paid for your device fair and square and its your right to have have it unlocked if you want to! threaten them you'll complain to ofcom or something ;-)

tmag2005 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    250d3c8f
    O2 charged me £15 to do my wife's and by law they have to give it to you with in 28 days. Normally takes 14 days.

Easiest way is to get a PayAsYou Go card. Top it up with £15 and hey presto!

If you need a Sim, PM me!

Alternatively, i will happily unlock all other types of BB!

BTW - By Law all Networks have to give you the Unlock Code whether you are Contract or Pay&Go. Just have the credit ready!

Also try www.fonefunshop.co.uk

cheers guys, i knew it had to be a load of rubbish, I'm going in all guns blazing today, i'll let you know how it goes.

Just got off the phone with O2 now, the unlocking process has finally begun!
    No problems with my request at all today. I guess my problem was trying to do it before i'd activated my pay as you go card - never had one before. I Put a tenner on it earlier today and all was sweet with O2. £15 fee and was quoted "21 days" turn around - probably sooner.
    Thanks alot you guys for all your advice, looks like ive finally got there.
    Simple when you know how.

cheers.

Happy days and good to know about the pay as you go route. Pity the people you get speaking to when you call the operators are invariably awkward twats.... well the first 5 people I had to go through @ Orange were, but that's a long and painful story of frustration!

Seasons greetings all

nokia2003 no está en línea Stack level 1
    hi there,
    seasons greeting to all! this is my first blackberry (pearl 8100) from o2 uk. as naive i was, i actually believed the o2 sales person that the phone was unlocked to all network. to my horror, when i inserted a vodafone sim, it wont registered! i rang the customer service twice and they just just just refuse to unlock it for me. i had 2 long arguments with them but they just wont budge. any suggestions from you guys? perhaps a more choreographed script the next time i call them? any suggestions? thanks!

and furthermore, they kept insisted that i have to be on their contract for at least 12 months more (even though i have been with them for 2 years plus) before they will 'sell' me the unlock code. thats nasty! happy holidays again guys!

zootzoot no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21C2B0BD
    Hi got my pearl unlocked through o2 for only £10, they sent me the unlock code in 2days by email. just tell them your going abroad on holiday and you want to use a different sim in your phone.

i rang o2 today and they insisted that it will cost me £30... what a rip off

Quote Originally Posted by nokia2003
    i rang o2 today and they insisted that it will cost me £30... what a rip off
    Sorry mate - you should go back to them, 30 squids is bollox its supposed to be 15 (that's what they charged me the other day) don't let them con you or give you a hard time...

I'm really getting pissed off with the attitude of those UK networks they seem to think they own the handset even once we bought it... smacks of Big Brother to me (and i'm not talking about the C4 program )

Quote Originally Posted by zootzoot
    Hi got my pearl unlocked through o2 for only £10, they sent me the unlock code in 2days by email. just tell them your going abroad on holiday and you want to use a different sim in your phone.
    2 days? wow! its allready been a week for me and no news from O2 - how long ago was that? maybe mine is delayed due to the holidays...hummmm... i'm abroad now and very frustrated since i can't use my pearl - BAD!

Who did you talk to over there? how did you get them to make it quicker?

I neeeeeed

cheers

Nokia, welcome to PinStack and season's greetings too!

I would try each and all of the most recent suggestions in this thread - one of them will work. Sounds like the 12 month b-s is standard policy. You got your Pearl from O2? Does that mean you're on contract with them? If so I don't see what O2's problem is as they's be getting their money anyway. I reckon the travlling abroad and need to buy a local SIM card ploy is a good 'un.

Godd luck and let us know how you get on

yes, i am on 12 months contract with o2 uk. the problem is, i was told 2 completely different prices when i rang them up. first it was £15, but i got shot down because apparently i can only unlock it after my 12 months contract has lapsed. on the second try, they told me it is possible, but i will have to fork out £30 instead. i will try ringing them up tomorrow again to renegotiate the price. well at least they have agreed to unlock for me now. however, despite not liking vodafone uk, i must admit that they have a much better customer service than o2 (my gf works for vodafone btw)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast