I have 2 pearls , don't ask , one with O2 one with Vodafone.I've given ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jack no está en línea Stack level 2

Unlocking Pearl from O2 to Vodafone UK

Advertisement

I have 2 pearls , don't ask , one with O2 one with Vodafone.I've given the O2 one to a friend who is on Vodafone but he's having problems with getting it unlocked. What is the situation with puk numbers etc any ideas?

As usual, many thanks in advance!

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Unlocking Pearl from O2 to Vodafone UK

puk numbers are codes that are unique to every sim card those numbers you need to get from the carrier who issued that sim card
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

saipale no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F82DF9

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~23F82DF9

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

not really sure what saipale is trying to tell us...but he's succeeded in giving us his PIN from his BB...maybe he's just in the wrong forum.

anyways here's how you go about unlocking a phone...call the Original vendor because it's THEIR sim card...they have the unlock code for your specific sim...ask to speak to a CS rep and tell them you travel out of the country every month or so and you need your phone unlocked for international use...most companies won't hassle you and will unlock it for you...takes anywhere from a few hours to a day or two.

if that doesn't work (some carriers have requirements before they'll unlock a phone, T-Mobile's is best being that you only need pay your bill for 2 months and they will unlock) there are services you can find on the web that unlock phones for a small fee...anywhere from $5 to like $35 depending on the phone and all.

hope this helps...PM or PIN me if you hav anymore questions

wibbly no está en línea Stack level 3

... and you will have to get the O2 Pearl's PIN 'released' from the O2 BIS if it was used on that. Just asking for the 02 BIS account to be *completely* deleted should do it. Otherwise I fear you'll end up with an unlocked phone working with a Vodafone SIM that can only be managed from the O2 BIS portal with your old 02 BIS logon.

Someone correct me if they know I'm wrong...