Hi all... quick question. I've read about unlocking the Pearl, If I unlock my Pearl ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

akamurph no está en línea Stack level 2

Unlocking Pearl 8100 from T-Mobile

Advertisement

Hi all... quick question. I've read about unlocking the Pearl, If I unlock my Pearl from T-Mobile will I have an option to be on, say, Cingular's network if I don't have a SIM card from Cingular? Is this an option, or do I need a SIM card from the said cell phone provider to use their service?

Thanks!

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Re: Unlocking Pearl 8100 from T-Mobile

You must have a sim for the network you want to use, unless you mean you just want to roam on the cingular network.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

akamurph no está en línea Stack level 2

thx william... so people that do this? Do they pay for two plans? Like T-Mobile and Cingular? Or would an old SIM card from a cingular phone work?

Sorry for the noob questions, just seeing if it's worth unlocking my phone.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

They usually just buy the phone and have it unlocked to use on a different network due to personal pref. It really helps to unlock if you travel out of the country and want to use a foreign sim.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

prickleypete no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you want to simply use the BB as a regular Phone, two sim cards, two carriers, un-locked phone will work fine. However, two carriers, two email account settings, two MMS configurations, two data plans, etc., will drive you nuts going back and forth.

-As a regular voice phone phone, no worries, quick change.
    -As a fully functional BB, you will have headaches switching back and forth and keeping your sanity.

Ffachanna no está en línea Stack level 1

can i know how to unlock a blackberry pearl ??

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Why would you want to pay for 2 plans?

Also a pain to keep switching sims, and on top of that just keeping everything straight.

I'm confused...anyways...if you're a good customer with TMO you can request them for the unlock code. I think you have to be with them for over 6 months and all bills up to date. If they don't help you then www.gsmphonesource.com is your next best bet.

My two cents is that the only good unlocking does you is if you want to keep your phone and switch carriers or you're going over seas and getting a local sim.

Good Luck