Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can get an unlocking code ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rozzy9 no está en línea Stack level 3

Unlocking Pearl

Advertisement

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can get an unlocking code for My T-Mobile Pearl without having to spend any money? Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosalyn.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Rosalyn, Did you try calling your service provider? usually if you have been with them for a period of time and tell them you are planning on traveling abroad they will give you the unlock code. You may have to be a tad persistant. Sometimes they can be a bit stingy with the codes.....
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

Quote Originally Posted by SuzzyP
    Rosalyn, Did you try calling your service provider? usually if you have been with them for a period of time and tell them you are planning on traveling abroad they will give you the unlock code. You may have to be a tad persistant. Sometimes they can be a bit stingy with the codes.....
    I did have contact with Fido yesterday. And they claim they cannot give me the unlocking code. It is locked to T-Mobile, so I don't think they even have access to that code.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Ok, so the next question would be, where did you buy this BB at? 3rd party? or a TMO store?
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

3rd party... Ebay. They claimed they unlocked it... but that wasn't the case. And I don't particularly want to spend anymore money on Ebay to get it unlocked.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Ew.... Well did you contact them and tell them it isnt unlocked..... I would. It cant hurt to see what they say....
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

Ew.... Well did you contact them and tell them it isnt unlocked..... I would. It cant hurt to see what they say....
    My father did for me. And there reply was, it's unlocked I tested it with 4 different US Carriers and it worked. But yet, when I went to options, advanced options, SIM card, and typed in meppd the NETWORK said "Active" which clearly means it's locked still. So I don't know what to do.

PIN/ID
    ask
    ok, lets see.... Well first off i would report them to Ebay... cause you didnt get what you paid for....... then i would look on the web for sites that you can get your BB truly unlocked thru.. Yes it will cost you more money but if you really want it unlocked then you will have to pay more than likely.... I'm sure others will be posting here soon with ideas they might have for your dilema. Sorry this is happening to you.... Just remember it's not your Blackberries fault. lololol i'll look for some links for you and post back...
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

ok, lets see.... Well first off i would report them to Ebay... cause you didnt get what you paid for....... then i would look on the web for sites that you can get your BB truly unlocked thru.. Yes it will cost you more money but if you really want it unlocked then you will have to pay more than likely.... I'm sure others will be posting here soon with ideas that might have for your dilema. Sorry this is happening to you.... Just remember it's not your Blackberries fault. lololol i'll look for some links for you and post back...
    Ok... sounds like a good idea. I think I might just have to pay 35 bucks on Ebay and get the unlocking code then. Thanks for all your help!

Rosalyn.

ejmccartin no está en línea Stack level 2
    35 bucks sounds pretty reasonable. I've heard of gsmphonesource.com, but was thinking it was more like $100. no experience personally, just what I read on the boards. everyone seems happy with them. good luck.

not to second guess you, but have you actually tried your active sim in the phone? I only ask because I'm unfamiliar with the mmppd NETWORK status check you mentioned. and you said your dad got it to work with his.

Quote Originally Posted by ejmccartin
    35 bucks sounds pretty reasonable. I've heard of gsmphonesource.com, but was thinking it was more like $100. no experience personally, just what I read on the boards. everyone seems happy with them. good luck.

not to second guess you, but have you actually tried your active sim in the phone? I only ask because I'm unfamiliar with the mmppd NETWORK status check you mentioned. and you said your dad got it to work with his.
    Yes I placed my Fido and Rogers SIM card in the phone, it says "Invalid SIM Card". No, I did not say my dad got it to work :S.

ej
    ej no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280A5A37
    I Called T-mobile Last Night And They Did It For Me And Sait To Expect An E-mail With It Within The Next Three Days. You Gotta Have A Good Reason Though. Mine Was I Was Moving To Korea And It Would Be Cheaper For Me To Keep My Pearl And Unlock It Over There And Use Their Phone Companies Rather Than Getting T-mobile Int'l Plan. What Sweetend The Deal Was That I Told Them My Wife Was Staying Here So I Wouldn't Be Shutting Off My Service With Them. Yeah They Helped Me Out You Just Gotta Find Someone Who Will Do It For You.
    wreckless music
    makin the hits

www.wrecklessmusic.bravehost.com

add me on myspace www.myspace.com/wreckless_music

darkrhyda no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Unlocking Pearl

are you already with tmobile ej?? cause i have a phone thats locked but the seller was from usa and used tmobile and im from canada and i use rogers.

ej
    ej no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280A5A37

Re: Unlocking Pearl

Yeah I am already with t-mobile. But how they explained it to me was that the unlock code come from the manufacturer of the phone and not the carrier.
    wreckless music
    makin the hits

www.wrecklessmusic.bravehost.com

add me on myspace www.myspace.com/wreckless_music