Q out there to all of my fellow super intelligent BB users.... What exactly is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mworcester no está en línea Stack level 1

Unlocking my Pearl

Advertisement

Q out there to all of my fellow super intelligent BB users....

What exactly is the ability gained by unlocking one's BB??

My apologies if I sound obtuse, however, newer BB user here and I've read a bit on unlocking the phone, but I don't fully grasp the concept.

Thanks in advance!!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Unlocking my Pearl

Hi mworcester. Welcome to the Stacks. The only advantage of unlocking the phoen is that it is no longer branded to a given carrier. If it is a GSM phone you can put any sim card into the device, if cdma you can bring to a different carrier. Hope it helps.

nikjay25 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Unlocking my Pearl

i suppose you mean to internationaly unlock it, it basically means you could use other sim cards and if you are traveling around the world you could use your phone internationaly.

mworcester no está en línea Stack level 1
    Since I have no intent on flip-flopping from one carrier to another...I will pass. Thank you for the information!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    Hi mworcester. Welcome to the Stacks. The only advantage of unlocking the phoen is that it is no longer branded to a given carrier. If it is a GSM phone you can put any sim card into the device, if cdma you can bring to a different carrier. Hope it helps.