Results 1 to 12 of 12

i recently just purchased a black berry pearl but im from canada and it came ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #1
    darkrhyda's Avatar
    darkrhyda no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23

    unlocking blackberry pearl

    Advertisement



    i recently just purchased a black berry pearl but im from canada and it came from the states. so my question is, can anyone help me unlock the phone instead of me paying over a 100$ to unlcok it here.ive tried contacting tmobile to get an unlock code but they still have not gotten back to me on it so if anyone could help here big props. thanks in advance

  2. #2
    cp6169's Avatar
    cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Posts
    14,661

  3. #3
    darkrhyda's Avatar
    darkrhyda no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23
    thanks man for the help
    ill see wat i can do

  4. #4
    darkrhyda's Avatar
    darkrhyda no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23
    how come when i go to options>advanced options> sim card
    it wont let me type in meppd?? it jsut says up top
    SIM CARD:no valid sim card
    am i doin something wrong?? how do i check now if its unlocked or not

  5. #5
    Gar-williams's Avatar
    Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by darkrhyda
    how come when i go to options>advanced options> sim card
    it wont let me type in meppd?? it jsut says up top
    SIM CARD:no valid sim card
    am i doin something wrong?? how do i check now if its unlocked or not
    I can't remember as it's a while since I unlocked mine. What I do remember is that when you go into the SIM options as you describe, there are no obvious prompts for you to enter anything and the invlaid SIM message is there anyway. Just key in the letters and press the trackball - you will then get a different screen. One other thing, don't be tempted to 'try' some codes - you only get 3 tries and then the entire handset is locked. You'll definitely need to go bck to the carrier for that, and I reckon that will be a whole new world of pain than just getting the SIMlock removed.

    I reckon the only alternative to paying $100 is to persevere with the carrier.

  6. #6
    ravikash's Avatar
    ravikash no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37
    goto advanced options->sim card->enter mepd(make sure which key typing u using , multitab, or suretype)...then enter mep2-> it will ask you to enter the code..you can get this code for your BlackBerry from RIM directly or from wea you bought it from...hope this helps...

  7. #7
    darkrhyda's Avatar
    darkrhyda no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23

    Re: unlocking blackberry pearl

    yes thanks alot. ive tried contactinf tmobile and rim but only got a resonse back from tmobile. they said i need to contact the seller cause hes on tmobile to get the unlock code from them. im from canada so im with rogers so i cant get it from tmobile

  8. #8
    rozzy9's Avatar
    rozzy9 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    242

    Re: unlocking blackberry pearl

    Quote Originally Posted by darkrhyda
    yes thanks alot. ive tried contactinf tmobile and rim but only got a resonse back from tmobile. they said i need to contact the seller cause hes on tmobile to get the unlock code from them. im from canada so im with rogers so i cant get it from tmobile
    Darkrhyda,
    I was in the same situation as you. I bought my Pearl off Ebay as well, and it was supposed to be unlocked but it was actually still locked to T-Mobile. I also live in Canada, and I wanted it to work with Fido, so I purchased an unlocking code on Ebay for 37.00 US and now my phone works with any GSM carrier. The guy selling the codes gave me the instructions and unlocking code within 24 hours of purchase. Here's the link to who I bought the code from:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Unlock-Your-T-Mo...QQcmdZViewItem

    Hope that helps.

  9. #9
    darkrhyda's Avatar
    darkrhyda no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23

    Re: unlocking blackberry pearl

    Quote Originally Posted by rozzy9
    Darkrhyda,
    I was in the same situation as you. I bought my Pearl off Ebay as well, and it was supposed to be unlocked but it was actually still locked to T-Mobile. I also live in Canada, and I wanted it to work with Fido, so I purchased an unlocking code on Ebay for 37.00 US and now my phone works with any GSM carrier. The guy selling the codes gave me the instructions and unlocking code within 24 hours of purchase. Here's the link to who I bought the code from:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Unlock-Your-T-Mo...QQcmdZViewItem

    Hope that helps.

    thanks alot, im going to try it out. i did see some of thie on ebay but i jsut wasnt too sure on how it would work or if itll mess up later on. but ill take a look and see. thanks

  10. #10
    rozzy9's Avatar
    rozzy9 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    242

    Re: unlocking blackberry pearl

    ^ No problem... anytime. My Pearl is working like a charm in Canada now

  11. #11
    BB1102's Avatar
    BB1102 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    24337926
    Posts
    13

    Re: unlocking blackberry pearl

    hi rozzy,
    can u please send me the instructions on how to unlock a pearl 8100.
    am just waiting for the codes from unlocktocall.com.
    thanks,
    emil
    new jersey

  12. #12
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907

    Re: unlocking blackberry pearl

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

    www.gsmphonesource.com has instructions on their site. They should send you instrcutions with your code also.

    But that site has instructions for you.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •