can anyone help? i just got an unlocked pearl but apparently wont read my sim ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rain5289 no está en línea Stack level 1

Unlocked Pearl says invalid Sim Card?

Advertisement

can anyone help? i just got an unlocked pearl but apparently wont read my sim card?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    It may not actually be unlocked. Go to Options, Advanced Options, Sim Card, and then type in MEPPD. It should pull up a list between the ID and Phone number. The second item in the list should be Network. If Network shows as Active then your phone isn't unlocked.

Zo

yeah it says network as Active...
    the guy that sold it to me said it was unlocked, what is the best way to go about fixing this?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Depends on how you purchased it. If you bought it through ebay I would fight with the seller since they sent you a unit that wasn't as described. If this was a person to person sale, I would see if he would give you your money back or the money to unlock it yourself.

Zo

it was off ebay, the guy said it was for at&t and he said i will unlock it for anyone that needs it to be and i asked him to do so, he delayed sending it a couple days saying he was getting unlock codes. Is there like a website that anyone knows of to unlock it yourself?

vel4769 no está en línea Stack level 2
    why don't you wait and save yourself the $$$ to unlock it. Most sites charge 29.99 for unlocking a BB and you still must wait at least 1 to 3 business days. I had it done via ebay for 19.99. but waited 1 business day. It depends what time of the day you purchase the unlock code on ebay. I hope this helps.

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well you can call AT&T and tell them you got it as a gift from relative that didn't know much about technology and you need it unlocked?