i currently do not have a blackberry but would like to get the pearl. i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

iswise no está en línea Stack level 1

unlocked pearl

Advertisement

i currently do not have a blackberry but would like to get the pearl. i have had horrible experiences with tmobile in the past so i refuse to switch to them (from verizon). i was going to wait til cingular released the pearl but i'm getting rather antsy and really need to get rid of my verizon phone.

does anyone have any experiences with an unlocked pearl (or other bb)? any opinions on cingular and their bb service?

thanks.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: unlocked pearl

Hi have never had a Cingular BB, so I cant be much help. Here is the Cingular Thread to look through and see what you think.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lar_users.html

As for unlocking BB's, Im on the iDEN network so I dont have the ability to do so, Im sure other stackers will be able to help you though.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

iswise, Welcome to PinStack. I haven't used an unlocked BB on Cingular, but I know that many have done so successfully. I have even read here of Stackers that are doing it with the Pearl. If you're willing to switch to Cingular just for the Pearl, then I say don't hesitate.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

hexcr03 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24238CA7

cingular bb service is so expensive! tmobile is great!!!

iswise no está en línea Stack level 1

i had tmobile for 9 days with a sidekick3 and the signal was absolutely horrible. nearly every time i went indoors i would have no signal at all.

yes their prices are great, but the primary reason i have my phone is to make and recieve calls. sometimes you get what you pay for.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

depends where u go to get tmobile and where u live...i have cingular bb and it works great!

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

Iwise, I have a friend who used a SK3 with T-Mobile and had horrible reception at his house and other places throughout the area. Yet, he switched to a BB and doesn't have any issues with reception on T-Mobile. I'm not sure if this will be the case with you or not.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bophus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EI19DF

cell service is all dependant on where you live. i used to be a cellular rep for omnipoint/voicestream/t-mobile (all the same company). i never had any problems with service. in my later years in cellular services i was a cell dealer. i would say that verizon has the best over all coverage, but in my area tmobile works the best. cingular is terrible and sprint/nextel is a joke. so it all depends where you live.
    Cellular Customer Service = Useless

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The sidekick 3 Is known for their horrible reception... The BB are much better. You should try t-mobile, they have a 14 day trial period. You could even find one for free if you're a new customer!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

you need to obtain the unlock code from the specific branded phone OR pay to have someone give you the unlock code...

www.gsmphonesource.com

please try to refrain from mulitiple posts about the same thing