Hi, I have been reading and calling cingular etc. First of all, I have an ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Trista no está en línea Stack level 1

Unlocked Pear using cingular Blue

Advertisement

Hi, I have been reading and calling cingular etc. First of all, I have an unlocked pearl using cingular blue. I can not use the mms or the browser (only in mmode). What do I do to fix? I changed the tcp settings to proxy. Any advice would make me so happy!

Best Trista

fbriceno97 Guest

Re: Unlocked Pear using cingular Blue

Hi

First of all, do you have a blackberry data plan activated? I assume that you are probably on BIS, did you try sendind the service books to your BB? Also did you configure the correct settings for the APN?

Let us know so we can help you out futher.

Cheers
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thank you for your reply!! Yes, I did the APN settings to point to to proxy, like it says to do, I have it all as I had the Blackberry 7130c, which worked great, I have an unlimited data plan, MMS etc....sent the service books 200 times, called cingular, went to cingular.....now what? So Sad....

fbriceno97 Guest

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Did you update the device IMEI at your provider BIS webpage?

If you haven't done this, it is sending the service books to the older device.

Let us know how it goes.

Ps: what type of signal are you receiving on your device: gsm, gprs, edge? When you first turned on the device when the chip on it, did you get the message "your equipment has been registered in the wireless network" or something like that ?

Hi, Yes I did update the IMEI on the Bis webpage...I sent the service books, and I got the registered wireless netwok ok....still stuck with mmode only not HTML for the web browser....Is there something I am missing?