Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by TRoN_1 How do these "other places" get the unlock codes from the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Unlocked my Pearl today!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by TRoN_1
    How do these "other places" get the unlock codes from the manufacturer? When I called Blackberry tech support, they claimed they don't have unlock codes, only the providers do.
    yeah. when you call any manufacteror they say "unlock what?'' "i don't know what you are talking about". But as many people can confirm occasionally when trying to get an unlock code from the carrier they get an email back saying "waiting for response from manufacteror". It's more of a system then a particular team that houses those unlock codes.

TRoN_1 no está en línea Stack level 1

So these people offering unlock services actually call the carriers and get your unlock code? That's why they say 5-10 days(those unlocking Rogers phones usually require that long). If so, what do they say to the carrier to get the code?

jjbertramiv no está en línea Stack level 2

I recently bought a locked TMO BB Pearl off of one friend who stopped paying his bill can wanted the money. I am with Cing so I had another friend of mine who is a long time TMO customer in good standing call customer service and request the unlock code (as if she was the one using the device) all I gave her was my IMEI# & email addy (I didn't want to pay an eBayer when I could get it for free). See I used to be with TMO so I am familiar with their unlocking procedures. I knew that they would ask for an email addy to send the unlock code to. So almost a week later I got the second email from them with the unlock code and instructions, the first email was just a routine thanks for your request it's being processed. (NOTE: their instructions suck because they don't remind you of the need to double tap, those of you that have already unlocked your Pearls know exactly what I'm talking about.) Thanks to all the nice and helpful members here at PinStack I was able to find a thread that gave much better detailed instructions.
    So anyway if you guys out their have a TMO Pearl (or any device) you want to unlock and you’re not with TMO then make friends with someone that is and stop making eBay unlockers rich.
    Now as far as Cing, I have heard people claim that they helped them unlock their phone(s)/ BB but from personal experience(s) with the Orange (now Blue) company I can say I don't buy it / Good Luck because they have a solid history of NOT helping you unlock their Branded Devices (I swear they must be trained to be dumb upon sim unlock request, because they all have the same "uhhhh... what lock, huh?" response.

Oh well, whata ya gonna do.

Oh yeah fyi Unlocking your phone / bb / ppc increases it's resale value since it can then be used on any GSM network around the world (assuming device is compatible with that countries band/frequency).

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Quote Originally Posted by jjbertramiv
    I recently bought a locked TMO BB Pearl off of one friend who stopped paying his bill can wanted the money. I am with Cing so I had another friend of mine who is a long time TMO customer in good standing call customer service and request the unlock code (as if she was the one using the device) all I gave her was my IMEI# & email addy (I didn't want to pay an eBayer when I could get it for free). See I used to be with TMO so I am familiar with their unlocking procedures. I knew that they would ask for an email addy to send the unlock code to. So almost a week later I got the second email from them with the unlock code and instructions, the first email was just a routine thanks for your request it's being processed. (NOTE: their instructions suck because they don't remind you of the need to double tap, those of you that have already unlocked your Pearls know exactly what I'm talking about.) Thanks to all the nice and helpful members here at PinStack I was able to find a thread that gave much better detailed instructions.
    So anyway if you guys out their have a TMO Pearl (or any device) you want to unlock and you’re not with TMO then make friends with someone that is and stop making eBay unlockers rich.
    Now as far as Cing, I have heard people claim that they helped them unlock their phone(s)/ BB but from personal experience(s) with the Orange (now Blue) company I can say I don't buy it / Good Luck because they have a solid history of NOT helping you unlock their Branded Devices (I swear they must be trained to be dumb upon sim unlock request, because they all have the same "uhhhh... what lock, huh?" response.

Oh well, whata ya gonna do.

Oh yeah fyi Unlocking your phone / bb / ppc increases it's resale value since it can then be used on any GSM network around the world (assuming device is compatible with that countries band/frequency).

Thanks for the advice. I just sent off my email to TMO!!

How many different unlock codes do you think I could ask for before they got suspicious?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

You can only ask for one every 90 days. And that's if you even meet the requirements. Basically be a long standing customer in good standing. I got mine about 2 weeks ago.

PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Yeah, I've been with tmobile for over 2 years. However, this is my first unlock code i've ever asked for. So I meet the initial requirements but would like to be able to unlock my gf's pearl which is not a TMO.

PIN/ID
    STACK

If it's a Cingular phone then she will need to go through Cingular to get it. Every code is different

PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Ok and if it was a TMO would i have to wait another 90 days to reqest another unlock code?

PIN/ID
    STACK

Yea, basically.

PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Thanks RED

PIN/ID