Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

id like to unlock my phone from Rogers..pls help me.. I need a cheap price..thanks... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ickafry no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Unlocked my Pearl today!

Advertisement

id like to unlock my phone from Rogers..pls help me.. I need a cheap price..thanks

atolleter no está en línea Stack level 1

I called TMo customer service, made up some kind of BS story about travelling abroad and 24h later got the unlock code in email from TMo.

Bikertrash no está en línea Stack level 1

Here's the seller I used to unlock my phone. I trust them, check their feedback. I don't have any affiliation to these guys btw. http://myworld.ebay.com/cellunlocknet
    "People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

TRoN_1 no está en línea Stack level 1

I called BB tech support to get unlock code for my 8100. They claimed only Rogers can unlock. I heard Rogers does not provide unlock codes. Also checked ebay for unlock service and they require 5-10 days to send unlock code. I was wondering how they generate an unlock code from your IMEI.

wbackous no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23ef3971

I emailed T-Mobile and had an unlock code in about 24 hours. FWIW, I've been a T-Mo customer for a little over a year but have only had the Pearl a couple of weeks.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by TRoN_1
    I called BB tech support to get unlock code for my 8100. They claimed only Rogers can unlock. I heard Rogers does not provide unlock codes. Also checked ebay for unlock service and they require 5-10 days to send unlock code. I was wondering how they generate an unlock code from your IMEI.
    carriers can only get the unlock code for thier phones.if you got the phone somewhere else you have to request the unlock code from the carrier the phone is branded to.

Everyone is saying Rogers will not give out unlock codes(yes, mine is Rogers branded). The people offering unlocking services all have different timeframes to get the code to you...24 hours, 2-3 days, 5-10 days. Seems like there is one person out there able to generate unlock code for the 8100 and all the dealers are buying from him/her.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by TRoN_1
    Everyone is saying Rogers will not give out unlock codes(yes, mine is Rogers branded). The people offering unlocking services all have different timeframes to get the code to you...24 hours, 2-3 days, 5-10 days. Seems like there is one person out there able to generate unlock code for the 8100 and all the dealers are buying from him/her.
    When a carrier purchases the phones from the manufacteror there is a system on the back end of the manufacterors warehouse that scans the imei numbers and associates the correct unlock code for the device. If the carrier loses, misplaces or just cannot find the unlock code they poll that system to reprint out the unlock code. These other places do more or less the same thing.

karmalaw no está en línea Stack level 1

cingular/att just gave me my unlock code and instructions. I called them and they told me I had to "apply" for the unlock code. I asked to apply and they said "okay", but never told me what the requirements were, they just asked why (I told them the truth: I travel out of the country and have a sim card with an Argentine carrier that I prefer to use when I am in Argentina). 2 days later they called me to give me the code.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    When a carrier purchases the phones from the manufacteror there is a system on the back end of the manufacterors warehouse that scans the imei numbers and associates the correct unlock code for the device. If the carrier loses, misplaces or just cannot find the unlock code they poll that system to reprint out the unlock code. These other places do more or less the same thing.
    How do these "other places" get the unlock codes from the manufacturer? When I called Blackberry tech support, they claimed they don't have unlock codes, only the providers do.

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

I travel overseas a lot too and while I had my 8700c, I called Cingular International (Washington state, lol) and they gave me the unlock code right over the phone. The lady stayed on the line until it worked and the next day I was in the sand box making sand castles.

Sorry to hear that you had to pay to unlock it. But if it works, it works... enjoy!

Abrcrmbskier no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC990F

Would anyone mind sending me the link to where i should email tmob for unlocking instructions? <3 -Aber

bumpinlazer no está en línea Stack level 1

what are the advantages of gettting your phone unlocked? i have cingular has anyone got a cingular pearl unlocked?

Abrcrmbskier no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC990F

Quote Originally Posted by bumpinlazer
    what are the advantages of gettting your phone unlocked? i have cingular has anyone got a cingular pearl unlocked?
    As stated earlier, it allows you to use any carrier if you are out of your local service area.

ajs3898 no está en línea Stack level 3

i bought my pearl new in the t-mo box over ebay, think that would be a problem if i call t-mo to get a unlock code?? i didnt want to extend my contract. thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast