Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I bought an unlock service for $18.99 off of eBay and it took about 5 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Bikertrash no está en línea Stack level 1

Unlocked my Pearl today!

Advertisement

I bought an unlock service for $18.99 off of eBay and it took about 5 hrs for them to email me back. I followed the simple instructions and BAM it worked! I travel quite often and have never needed a local SIM card. I'm in Brazil "working" and have a lot of time to sit and pour Heineken down my throat at the beach. Its better that the company can get in touch with me rather than leave messages at the hotel front desk. This really keeps them happy to know they can reach out and touch me if needed. I highly recommend having your phones unlocked if you travel.

Cingular network is my US provider
    "People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

barbuser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pin Me

Re: Unlocked my Pearl today!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~can you explain what the advantages of unlocking would be?

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

The only advantage of unlocking a BB would be that you could use the phone with any GSM carrier.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

barbuser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pin Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thank you for the info, how would I or would I need a different sim?

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i unlocked mine for free from tmo it took about 24 hours for them to email me the instructions and the code.it took like literally 60 seconds to unlock it. Hehe

PIN/ID
    23EB47F3

Quote Originally Posted by audreypearl
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i unlocked mine for free from tmo it took about 24 hours for them to email me the instructions and the code.it took like literally 60 seconds to unlock it. Hehe
    After I read this, I emailed T-mobile about getting my Pearl unlocked. Well within about 3 hours they emailed me instructions and the code to unlock my phone.

- tom - no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Hi Mamatried and Audreypearl,

What kind of info that you sent to tmo when you asked for the unlock code? Do they asked kind of IMEI or you PIN? If yes, what else besides those two info? Thanks!

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Other benefits of unlocking your pearl is if you switch carriers at some point you can take your phone with you. It also gives a slightly higher resale value to your Pearl.

I really wanted a Red Pearl but I was with TMO. I decided to sell my white TMo one, buy a red one and have AT&T unlock it so I could use it on TMO. That's another advantage I guess. (I admit a rather vain advantage but I like red what can I say )

Bikertrash no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by avante
    (I admit a rather vain advantage but I like red what can I say )
    Same here, its the red one. Matches my new truck.
    "People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

What was the seller name?

PIN/ID
    23EB47F3

Just thought I would share this. My buddy has a T-mobile also. I told him I got my phone unlocked with just a email to T-mobile. So he called today from the get go asked for BB data help. He told the tech he was going out of the country for a few weeks and wanted to unlock his phone. Well after being on the phone for 10 minutes giving his IMEI # his Pearl is now unlocked. No reason to pay money to get in unlocked just call T-mo and ask them to unlock it. Only requirements that I really remember from the questions they sent me were my IMEI # and being with t-mo for 90 days.

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

However, i think TMO is the only carrier that does not argue and comply to the unlock request so easily. Here in Canada, Rogers won't even do it ..they used to unlock phones in the past! for 250$ LOL

bw2444 no está en línea Stack level 2

I would like to unlock my phone. What is the email address for tmo. Plz help.

fjl1977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E0A975

I don't know the address off the top of my head, but probably fairly easy to find on the customer support page at T Mobile's website

8100man no está en línea Stack level 2

YAAA!!!! I just got my unlock code from t-mobile today.
    i didn't think they were going to give it to me, because i got
    the phone used.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast