Hey pinstackers, I'm selling my T-Mobile 8120 and I was going to call customer service ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

NYC BELLA 86 xO no está en línea Stack level 2

unlocked 8120 compatibility?

Advertisement

Hey pinstackers,

I'm selling my T-Mobile 8120 and I was going to call customer service to get an unlock code, but my friend told me even with the code, the phone will ONLY work on T-Mobile and Cingular. Is this true? And will T-Mobile even allow me to sell it to someone with another carrier? Any help us appreciated! This is my first time selling a phone so I need to sort all the info out. Thank you!

darthvan no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi There,Bella,
    What your friend said was true,ONLY because there is only 2 major GSM carriers in the States (AT&T and T.Mobile).............but fear not you can,sell your BB8120 on Ebay or Craig's List for either the International market or your local market .As for T.Mobile...................I don't think they care if you sell it or not,PLUS............IT'S YOUR PHONE, to do as you wish with it. I had 2 T.Mobile phones unlocked and I took them overseas with me ,used them and left them there with family members,and they worked great. So I say go for it,and fear none

NYC BELLA 86 xO no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thank you for your reply darthvan!

I will definitely go for it and get an unlock code and stress in the eBay listing that it will work on both AT&T & T-Mobile. But since those two are major GSM carriers, does that mean the 8120 will NOT work with Sprint and Verizon or other carriers (like Alltel, Rogers, Suncom, etc.) as well? And what does 'international market or local market' mean?

darthvan no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi Bella,

Sprint and Verizon,are not GSM carriers,they use a different network(no SIM card). Verizon has the BB-8130 which is exactly like the BB-8120,minus the sim card slot.As for Rogers,I'm not sure if it is a GSM network or not,sorry.
    What i meant by international market was,if you listed your phone on Ebay,that you might get overseas buyers,since most of cellphone companies overseas run on GSM. which would make for a bigger pool of buyers,than you might find here in the States.
    B.S. When you list your phone,make sure to state that it is "Unlocked" and that it will work on any GSM network.Good luck.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

It will work on Rogers. They are a Canadian GSM carrier.

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    As long as the phone is unlocked it can work with any GSM based carrier US and outside the US. My unlocked T-Mo 8100 worked great for 1/5 years. She died yesterday R.I.P
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'