Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am wanting to buy an unlocked 8100 for my girlfriend and she has Cingular ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Unlocked 8100

Advertisement

I am wanting to buy an unlocked 8100 for my girlfriend and she has Cingular now. l told her she can wait till it comes out on Cingular but she's already addicted to my 8100 so I need to get it now. MY question is, if I get an unlocked version, can she just choose a blackberry plan for Cingular and use the Pearl? Will she be able to create a tmo.blackberry email address and use all of the same functions a T-mobile customer can?

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Unlocked 8100

~via SUPA BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You can use an unlocked blackberry on Cingular. She should be able to add the data plan but will not be able to have a tmo.blackberry.net address. It would be a mycingular.blackberry.net address. She would have the same functions as far as data but the prices and features of the data plans are different. For example, Tmobile has a $19.99 Blackberry add on plan that gives you unlimited data and 300 messages. I don't recall Cingulars rate,I know its more and you don't get any messaging deals included. Their plan is data only.

sanjeevjoshi no está en línea Stack level 2

And if you go down this route, make sure your friend does not activate the TMob BIS email account (individual email activation) on TMo, otherwise her PIN will get assigned to TMO. It may then take a long time and lot of effort to get her PIN released from TMO so that your friend can set up a Cingular address.

chriscrucitt no está en línea Stack level 1

I just bought an unlocked T-Mobile 8100t and put my Cingular SIM and it did not work? Is there any changes to the phone settings I have to perform to get it to work? Right now, it says "invalid SIM Card" where it should state my network type and carrier?

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Are you sure it's unlocked? You can check by going into the Sim Card menu and typing meppd. Check to make sure all the menus are disabled.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

invalid sim usually means it's not unlocked...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

golobayj no está en línea Stack level 1

Okay, I just bought and recieved a t-mobile version of the 8100 off of ebay. The seller listed it as unlocked. I put my sim card in to see if I could get anything to happen immediately. I went to SIM Card in the options and it tells me "No valid SIM card"

I then typed meppd.

SIM........Disabled
    Network.......Enabled
    Network Subset.......Disabled
    Service Provider.........Disabled
    Corporate.........Disabled

So does this mean that my phone is not unlocked? Or do I just need to contact cingular to adjust some minor settings in my phone? I really know absolutely nothing about blackberries or unlocking phones, and I'm hoping to learn some things. Thanks for any help and sorry if the answer to my questions are posted somewhere else. If so can you kindly point me in the right direction.

norvin no está en línea Stack level 1

how can i reset my keypad lock as it is lock due i don't remember the pin code hereof. is there a way to reset without knowing the code?

barbuser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pin Me

Quote Originally Posted by dasupaman23
    Are you sure it's unlocked? You can check by going into the Sim Card menu and typing meppd. Check to make sure all the menus are disabled.
    So if all the menus are "disabled" does that indicate that the phone is unlocked?

Thank you

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

What do you mean? The password lock? You can't reset it.
    The device will wipe its after so many tries.

hmmm...seems fishy

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by barbuser
    So if all the menus are "disabled" does that indicate that the phone is unlocked?

Thank you
    Yes, everything needs to be disabled for the device to be unlocked, usually the network option is the one enabled

barbuser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pin Me

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    Yes, everything needs to be disabled for the device to be unlocked, usually the network option is the one enabled
    Thank you Red, I called my provider a few wekks ago and requested the unlock code (took a chance) they told me it was against their policy to give out unlock codes. Oh well I figured. Now today I stumble across this thread and type the meppd to find all of my menus are disabled!!!

Crazy! Unlocked! lalalalalalala!!!

vporter no está en línea Stack level 2

I really hate to bring up an old thread... but I am also having an issue similar to this. I just purchased an unlocked/ unbranded pearl this week and when I place my SIM in the phone I get the invalid SIM card thing. I did the meppd thing and it was enabled on network.... I am certain that it is actually locked but I have no clue as to what carrier.

I am relatively new to BB's and am addicted! Because of the invalid SIM card ordeal and my desperation I had to go down to the AT&T store and buy a new phone, which was what I wad trying to avoid by purchasing this "unlocked/ unbranded" phone on line. Any help would be truly appreciated.

PIN/ID
    STACK

Well you can use a service to unlock it http://gsmphonesource.com/ but you will need to the carrier.
    Is the phone branded? It should say when it starts up.

I would contact the seller and get your money back, since it was not what they said the phone would be.

vporter no está en línea Stack level 2

I contacted the seller and they said they would refund the cost of the unlocking service, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I really prefer the pearl over the curve so I am hoping that this has a happy ending for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast