I recently bought a 8100c and for whatever reason, ATT won't give me the unlock ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

milkywhlte no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Unlock codes

Advertisement

I recently bought a 8100c and for whatever reason, ATT won't give me the unlock codes to unlock the device that was formerly their company (BS IMO). Anyways, does anyone know where the cheapest spot to get an unlock code for the 8100c? I've seen stuff advertised for 50 but was wondering if anyone knew of any cheaper sites. Thanks.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

Re: Unlock codes

there are cheaper sites...just remember you get what you pay for...i would check with other unlockers as to see which companies have success without problems and go from there

kaliinn no está en línea Stack level 1

I found that the cheapest site for me (I Live outside USA) was cellcorner.com
    I waited 15 days to get my code...It was worth the waiting!!!! The code worked fine, and it was really easy to unlock my phone.

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have seen a couple posts, at least, which said that deleting the 'vendor' file on the PC (_BEFORE_ installing the OS on BB) had the same effect. If it works, it is also cheaper, if the other places charge for unlocking.
    Last edited by Yogich; 10-16-2007 at 01:20 PM.

PIN/ID
    242E7D27

no deleting the vendor file just allows you to put the "other" carrier's OS on you phone...if you have AT&T, Cingular, Verizon, Sprint you must delete that vendor.xml file on you PC before DM will let you update the firmware of your BB...hope this clears up the confusion

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

It does! Thank you, for that!!
    ...Yogich

PIN/ID
    242E7D27

otherwise people would get free service and that means i would have my T-Mobile iPhone already...come on release the second-gen iPhone already Jobs we know that what you're all using up there in Cupertino

bbpearl13 no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks guys!

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by milkywhlte
    I recently bought a 8100c and for whatever reason, ATT won't give me the unlock codes to unlock the device that was formerly their company (BS IMO). Anyways, does anyone know where the cheapest spot to get an unlock code for the 8100c? I've seen stuff advertised for 50 but was wondering if anyone knew of any cheaper sites. Thanks.

I just went on ebay and found a place with great feedback to unlock my curve this week. I got the unlock code back within a day for $15.

ghtylobn65 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by milkywhlte View Post

tell att that you are traveling, thats what i did and they gave it to me