I have the unlimited data plan but i dont have a text plan. Is there ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rameneater84 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ED8315

Unlimited Data plan , texting loophole?

Advertisement

I have the unlimited data plan but i dont have a text plan. Is there a way for people to text my email from their phone? I know some people arent able to do so. I just want for people to be able to contact me with their phone OTHER than text my phone directly since it will cost me.

I know the charge is minimal but it will add up eventually =/. I'm able to use my email to text tmobile phones since alll tmobile numbers have @tmomail.net. Once i make the connection to them, they will be able to reply to my email, but they wouldnt be able to just text my email. So i just wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions or some loophole i dont know about.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: Unlimited Data plan , texting loophole?

trust me when i say this but t-mobile already has that issue taken care of

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Thats bites!

TAH
    TAH no está en línea Stack level 2

Tmo has a data plan that includes txt for free. "BB minutes and Mail" it may be hard to find on their site but it's there.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rameneater84
    I have the unlimited data plan but i dont have a text plan. Is there a way for people to text my email from their phone? I know some people arent able to do so. I just want for people to be able to contact me with their phone OTHER than text my phone directly since it will cost me.

I know the charge is minimal but it will add up eventually =/. I'm able to use my email to text tmobile phones since alll tmobile numbers have @tmomail.net. Once i make the connection to them, they will be able to reply to my email, but they wouldnt be able to just text my email. So i just wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions or some loophole i dont know about.
    Once you've emailed them at tmomail.net, can't they save the sender's address?
    JerryD

Tigiress15 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by rameneater84

It actually would work - If they go in and send you an text to an email address you have hosted on your BB, it won't charge you to recieve, same if you send an email from a hosted email to a tmomail.net address it won't charge.

As for how they could do it, it depends on the phone. Some give you the option to send an text to an email address, other's they would have to go the long way. They would have to send a text to 500, then e-mail address (space) subject line # (space) desired message text.. Example: fake@fake.com Hi!# how are you?

this would show up on their phone as
    Subject: Hi!
    Body: how are you?

Hope this helps!! (Otherwise the unlim msg plan is only 14.99...)

Tigiress15 no está en línea Stack level 2

Oh - And you can see this on t-mobile.com here:
    http://support.t-mobile.com/knowbase...&InqSource=TMO

droopie no está en línea Stack level 2

tru, i asked the guy when gettin the data plan for my new account. he looked unsure but said "yea its like sending a message, they will charge". he might of been pushing me to get the text plan but if he said free email with unlmtd data plan then that means free email! @tmomail.net sounds like email addy to me... but i dunno tho. call em n find out! if u beat me to it, post it.