Everytime I do a battery pull, when my phone starts up it verifies the security ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

1098011 no está en línea Stack level 2

uncaught exception: permission denied

Advertisement

Everytime I do a battery pull, when my phone starts up it verifies the security then it says "uncaught exception: permission denied". Is this something I need to worry about? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: uncaught exception: permission denied

You may have to restore the OS in your BB. I have seen the error mentioned on the web, the only solution that has been successful was a wipe and restore. Do you have your BB backed up? If so you can wipe the restore and your error should go away.

Have you downloaded any apps lately then taken them off?

1098011 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thank you...wiping it helped. And yes I did add and then take off a couple applications after I found out I didn't like them. Thank you again for your help.

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

I had posted elsewhere, and finally found this one. I have a question: how is it that adding/removing an app should make this happen? Seems as if there is a glitch --read: 'uncaught exception'-- in the OS. No? Does one have to restore OS every time an app is removed??
    ...Yogich