I get this error when I start typing numbers to dial someone sometimes. It's not ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

yaoming7511 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E90074

uncaught exception:java.lang.Illegal.argument exception

Advertisement

I get this error when I start typing numbers to dial someone sometimes. It's not that bad, but I would like to know why this happens, if anyone knows.

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: uncaught exception:java.lang.Illegal.argument exception

i get the same error..when i type in a contact from the application screen. doesnt happen all the time...but enough to piss me off.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I get these errors constantly. I have wiped the device and reinstalled the os. As soon as I booted it up after loading the os I got another error. I called tmobile and they are sending me a new phone. You should try that route also.

Hope this somewhat helps!

starwatcher no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20542F84

I have been getting this error alot lately. Did not think too much of it, until I read this thread. The only thing is that I think I started getting it since I installed Multiplay. I think I will delete it and see what happens. The thing is that I have not even used the application.

changstrom no está en línea Stack level 2

I've had this error since I first got my Pearl.. 5 months ago? Anyways, it seems to pretty much only come up when entering numbers fast after the phone has been idling for a while. I suspect, that it's caused when trying to put too much info into the phone while it's still operating with some kind of power savings going on. If you pause for about one second after unlocking before doing anything, I find that it almost never comes up.

People have complained about this for a while, I thought it was pretty much standard fare. Didn't know T-Mobile would actually replace the phone, maybe we should try that.

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

i hope this does not sound to technical but , i think that the problem is a memory leakage in the phones due to their slow speed , you get these type of errors in computers that have small amounts of memory and slow microprocessors , i suppose this is the same thing on a smaller scale , hope it helps , ps maybe different pearls have different brands of memory thats why all dont have the same problems , this is only my opinion

saigon no está en línea Stack level 3

sometimes when i try to choose different songs it does this also

freeform no está en línea Stack level 1

OK - I get this ALL the time. None of my friends with 8100's get it though...

I can see the logic in the waiting a few seconds to 'wake' the phone before getting a phonebook address... currently I have 697 entries in my phonebook (popular I know!) So I can imagine it struggling a bit to index all of these.

But seriously - I get this error all the time. I also get an issue where I can't answer the phone, it rings, i can move the ball up and down from answer / hangup, but I can't hit green, or Answer with the ball - all I can do is silence, Hangup or hit Hangup with the ball...

I'm on my 2nd 8100 now - and nearly on my 3rd - as I have to perform a battery pull to make it work again - as once it's done a illegal.argument error - I can't answer a phone call.

Help?

stinger1969 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I was facing the same problem on a 8310 and a lot of Bold's 9000 and this is how i fixed it
    Problem:
    First activation of a new Blackberry 9000 is working fine, but after a wipe of the device, during startup (after closing the wizard) you get the message
    "Uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException"
    Cause:
    The Company Policy that was sent to the Blackberry by the BES server has left its tracks on the device and needs to be overwritten
    Solution:
    All solutions like wiping the device, reinstall OS, etc did not fix this. What did was the following:
    After a wipe, just activate the device with a BES account, disregarding the java error.
    When activation is completed, use the BES to send the "Default Policy" to the device
    Shutdown the device, take out the battery, put it back in and start up
    Now the error will not appear and all will function fine
    Once again, use the BES, but now to send the "Company Policy" to the device
    Shutdown the device, take out the battery, put it back in and start up again
    Now your Blackberry is up and running again without any java errors and with the Company Policy
    Kind regards, Stefan van Bakel
    Last edited by stinger1969; 02-09-2009 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Company name was mentioned, should not have been

bldswttears no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry uncaught errors.

THANK YOU SO MUCH... you don't know how much that helped me out with the problem. I was working with our director's blackberry and it died on me that way.

Jim