Using the Switch Device wizard to switch BlackBerry devices may cause certain files to be removed from the new BlackBerry device
Doc ID : KB12598
Last Modified : 2007-06-25
Document Type : Support
Print this page
- BlackBerry® Desktop Software 4.2 and 4.2 Service Pack 1 (4.2.1)
- BlackBerry Device Software 4.2 and 4.2 Service Pack 1 (4.2.1), BlackBerry Device Software 188.8.131.52 or later is not affected.
The BlackBerry device displays the following error message:
Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitFor(<Identifier>) timeout
Important: The Browser icons will not be displayed on the BlackBerry device.
When attempting to play media files, you will receive the following error message:
Unable to display file <Filename>
When entering the Help application, the BlackBerry device displays the following error message:
Error starting net_rim_bb_help: module "net_rim_ecmascript" not found
Summary of Causes
This issue may be caused by one of the following:
- Using the Switch Device wizard feature of BlackBerry Desktop Manager to switch from one BlackBerry device to another may cause certain files to be removed from the new BlackBerry device.
- Unless the BlackBerry Device Software has been installed on the computer, running through the Application Loader process with BlackBerry Desktop Manager may cause certain files to be removed from the BlackBerry device. This is not an issue with BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2.2 and later.
Reload the BlackBerry Device Software using the BlackBerry Application Loader tool.
- Ensure that BlackBerry Desktop Manager is installed on your computer.
- Obtain the BlackBerry Device Software from your service provider’s device software download site.
- Install the BlackBerry Device Software for your BlackBerry device on your computer.
- Use the BlackBerry Application Loader tool to upgrade the BlackBerry Device Software on your BlackBerry device. For instructions, see KB03621.