Hi I am getting the following error on my 8100 [FONT='Franklin Gothic Book'] Uncaught exception: ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

laura131177 no está en línea Stack level 1

Uncaught Exception

Advertisement

Hi

I am getting the following error on my 8100

[FONT='Franklin Gothic Book']Uncaught exception: java.lang.Classcas Exception[/FONT]

I plugged it into the USB and I now randomly get the app error 523 message as well now.

Does anyone know how to fix this? When the java error comes up it doesn't allow me to do anything with the phone at all and it displays as soon as it turns on.

Thanks

Laura.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Uncaught Exception

Hey Laura, is this a brand new Pearl? or did you by chance to a OS upgrade?
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

It's second hand, bought it from someone today who claims never to have had a problem with it before

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

DID you do a battery pull? keep it out for 30 sec then pop it back in and let the OS reload.... If it keeps happening you could always do a reload of the OS system....
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

Yep - saw a few posts on here re the battery so have had it out for a while, still no luck

I am really new to this, and went to do a reaload of the OS system and wasn't too sure what I should be choosing.. can you help with that?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Follow this step by step making sure you pay attention to # 13

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...uter_wont.html

When I purchased the phone, I asked if there were any discs etc.. that I would need and was told no, they were given a USB cable and all they did was plug the phone to their PC and it worked. However when I do that - it doesn't install desktop or handheld software at all.

When I do plug the device in all I get is an icon and when I go to it - the only option is to safely remove hardware!!

Am I doing something wrong?

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

yes...you need internet access on your computer @ home...from there go to T-mobile's website and download both the new OS for your phone and the newest Desktop Manager.

You need those two programs in order to do anything to your phone. First uninstall any and all versions of the OS or DM you have as these can muck up future installations...after doing so install DM first and attatch your phone via USB and see if DM recognizes your device...if you already have information on your BB make sure you back it all up before moving on to upgrading your OS as this completely wipes the device and installs a fresh OS...don't worry if you backed-up your device all will be restored after the OS installs...hope this helps...post back here or PM me if you need more help

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    As for the UE problem, I hardly ever had that prob while using OS 4.2.0.64, but have had many of them with 4.2.1.107. It is definitely a bug, since apps which NEVER had this prob... Now have it, sadly. :-/

gezim no está en línea Stack level 2

i got that on aim (oz msgr)