I've been trying to turn off the notification sound that my 8100 makes when an ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tunestrader no está en línea Stack level 1

unable to turn off Yahoo incoming chat sound

Advertisement

I've been trying to turn off the notification sound that my 8100 makes when an IM comes in. Currently using Yahoo chat client.

I've searched these and other forums, but haven't found anything else yet. Also spent a bunch of time searching on google...don't know if i'm just being blind, but it's driving me nuts..

I went in to the profiles, and edited those..probably got them a little mixed up now lol.

Anyways, any help at all would be hugely appreciated..I keep the chat open so the kids can contact me without having to call me while i'm working, and it's a little bit quicker than regular txt messaging for me.

I managed to get the incoming txt messages to just vibrate, but still no luck on the chats.

happy Thanksgiving to everyone out here, BTW

thanks bunch for your time/help with this.much appreciated

Jeff

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

Re: unable to turn off Yahoo incoming chat sound

you went to profiles>advanced> then press the blackberry button to edit the profile you want...i only see yahoo alert and yahoo new message. did you change in holster and out of holster settings also?

tunestrader no está en línea Stack level 1

hi guyheavensent..thanks for the quick response.

So, yeah, I did the following:
    profiles > advanced > guiet (also made same changes in the normal, vibrate, and phone only profiles)
    once there:
    edit > IM system message/Messages/Messenger - New Messages/New IM - Yahoo

I tried changing tune, volume, number of beeps, and number of vibrations for in holster and out of holster

Changed the first setting to none, volume to mute, number of beeps to 1 (couldn't do 0) and number of vibrations to 1, but hasn't seemed to change anything

still get the beep. That's one odd thing, it doesn't seem to change the sound, no matter what tone I choose

thnx again..jeff

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Stupid question. In that menu you did change the option of the tone right? Tone, tone+vibrate, vibrate and none. Once you have done that click back button, not the red end button and make sure your settings get saved.

Let me know how it goes as it works for me.

Cisco Kidd no está en línea Stack level 3

and save the file

mr.martinez74 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2466EC08

ok here is how you are suppose to turn off the noise. when you first log in, before you start chatting, scroll up to the top where it shows your screenname, click enter, that will take you to a sound screen, there you can change the incoming alert to sound, vibrate or to just have a light blink...

mr.martinez74 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2466EC08

any other questions, go to my profile pull my pin and hit me on the bb messenger

kimberkc no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having this same problem with gmail notifications. I turned off my gmail on my bb, but now I get the gmail tone for all my incoming email, and I can't figure out how to shut it off.

bicoastalite no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: unable to turn off Yahoo incoming chat sound

Hmmm. I'm having a similiar problem with the messenger alert and message notifications. I have it set to a certain sound but when a new message comes through, I get 3 beep sounds. Which is not how I set up in my active profile settings. Not sure how to change this?

Thank you!