Hi all I had a 7100v and recently upgraded to a pearl 8100. I had ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

nivleshc no está en línea Stack level 1

Unable to sync Contacts

Hi all

I had a 7100v and recently upgraded to a pearl 8100. I had some problems with activation with my BES server but managed to sort that out. The only problem now is that I cannot get my outlook contacts onto my blackberry. I am running BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.0.79. I called the local vodafone shop and they said that there should be a Sync over Wireless setting in the contacts options but for the life of me, I cannot find this. Can someone please help me get my contacts on my blackberry.

Thanks in advance

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Unable to sync Contacts

The fastest thing to do is to wipe the device and reactivate. However, there are other things you can try first.

On your BlackBerry go to ( Settings/Tools --> ) Options --> Advanced Options --> Service Books. Scroll down to and highlight the service book Desktop[CICAL], click the Menu button and select Delete. Do the same for Desktop[SYNC]. Then have your BES Admin resend the service books. If that doesn't do it, try it again but delete ALL Desktop[..] service books.

If you have a network connection to your Mail Server on a computer with Dekstop Manager and your mail client set up (when you start Desktop Manager it says "Connecting to mail service"), you can pull the service books down yourself by simply connecting your BlackBerry.

If all that doesn't work, one more try before wiping - delete all the service books again, and start Desktop Manager without your device connected, click on Synchronize, go to the Configuration tab and hit the Reset Configuration button. Close the Synchronize window and plug in your device.

Good luck!