I am new to pinstack and so far it seems to have a bunch of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

matt4976 no está en línea Stack level 1

Post unable to reload os on bb 8100

Advertisement

I am new to pinstack and so far it seems to have a bunch of well informed individuals. O.k. enough butt kissing. I am having a very difficult time getting my bb pearl to work. My daughter told me that it just stopped working. Well long story short now all it seems to do is blink the red light 3 times then 2 times. I have been searching these forums for two days trying every tip that I come across but no avial. I don't have the option of getting a replacement as it is out of warrenty so at&t has washed thier hands of it and Blackberry said that they would charge me $50 just to help me and that might not work! Well I have tried to wipe it with JL_Cmder and it says that it can't open the port. When I use the apploader it will sometimes find my bb and try to load the os but when it gets about 70-80% it tells me that it encountered a fatal error and can't continue then it gives me an error code. I must have tried this about 15 times now with no luck! I am at my wits end and don't want to use this bb as target practice yet. So if you could please help me I would love it! Thank you very much!!!

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59
    I had a Pearl with the exact same issue. I never did bring it back to life. I'm sure the 3 blink 2 blink sequence is a code of some kind, because, just like you encountered, when I was FINALLY able to get the apploader to install the OS, it changed to a 1 blink 3 blink sequence, and then a fatal error, and back to 3*2 blink sequence. From checking around it seems others that had that 3*2 code got it after the Pearl was dropped. I'm sorry I didn't have better news.
    I thought I remember somebody saying something about having the blink codes, and I'd like to see it myself....

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6
    A friend had this issue before. Try the following command line:
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe /nojvm
    Also if that doesn't work, I found this on another site:
    Close Desktop Manager
    Start loader.exe from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\
    Click on "Next"
    Reset the BB using the rest hole under the battery door
    Connect the BB while the red led is turned on (you have to be very quick when doing this)
    When you see "Connection: USB:UNKNOWN" click "Next"
    The loader should connect to your BB and you can update the firmware
    /~*brooke

Where is the reset hole at under the battery door? I looked and could not find one. How do you activate it?
    Thank you very much for answering my post!

oh yeah I tried what you said and still got the same message. It always loses connection.