I am unable to recieve longer sms messages that go over 1 page. It just ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Gmason no está en línea Stack level 2

Unable to recieve multi-page sms

Advertisement

I am unable to recieve longer sms messages that go over 1 page. It just cuts off after the character limit for one txt message is reached. When i go to the menu within the message there is no option to view more as with some messages that contain attatchments. Is there a setting somewhere that isnt allowing me to recieve multi-page sms messages? Thanks

-G

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Re: Unable to recieve multi-page sms

there's no setting I know of, did you try doing a battery pull?
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Yeah....do as Justyn suggests!! if that don't work, maybe the person sending you the texts is the one with the issue, that's a pretty odd error to get.

Its been happening since I replaced my Pearl in october of '07. I dont usually get large txt so it didnt matter to me but Its getting kind of annoying now. Ive done several battery pulls since I got my phone so i know that isnt working. I also have "automore" checked to yes in the message settings. I am running OS 4.2.1.96 so maybe if I upgrade my OS it will be fixed? Oh and it happens when coming from multiple different people, not the same person everytime so Im pretty sure its my Pearl. Thanks.

-G

PIN/ID
    n/a

Definatly try to upgrade the OS, it could be the problem and I stress the word could. I've never know anyone to have this issue. But try updating the OS and if the problem persists, you might need to do a handheld wipe unless someone else has a better idea...

slingshotzack no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FBC82E

Is the person sending them to you on sprint or cingular because I know those two providers always break them up when they are sent to me?

PIN/ID
    n/a

I don't know about AT&T, but I do know Sprint has weird messages... I can't get they're picture messages

tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3

Yeah, if the person sending the messages has a reg phone, it will break them up. I get that too. Like if someone using a basic nokia phone and writes me a book, i get like 3-4 text messages. Sometimes out of order. But from another Pearl or PDA, no problems.

Well I dont get the additional messages at all. If they were out of order, that would still be an improvement over not getting them. The phone I was recieving from today was on the Verizon network but its happened through other carriers sending me SMS as well. It doesnt seem to be exclusive to one carrier or another. I hope the OS fix works. But so far, it seems I am the only one who this has happened to?

Oh and it ws sent today from a new EnV phone. So it has the capabilities of internet, multimedia, advanced SMS, etc. i would understand if it came from a phone that was 4 years old or something.

-G