Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

rcbjr, thanks. I tried using BIS and I setup 2 emails - 1 for the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

wmorimot no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

rcbjr,

thanks.

I tried using BIS and I setup 2 emails - 1 for the blackberry.net address and 1 with my work email accessing it via the Outlook Web Access.

I successfully got my attachments (JPG, word, excel & PDF) on the blackberry, however when I opened the attachment, the formatting of the word & excel files were all messed up. The PDF file, which is a linework drawing, didn't even show up. The JPG file was the only one that worked.

Is this the limitations of the attachment viewer with BIS? Is it any better with BES (w/o Redirector)? Is my only option to go with the 3rd party software?

Also, I thought that the BB would sync with ALL the e-mails and sub-folders in my work email program (Outlook 2003) . It seems like it only syncs with the emails that have been received after the BIS is setup. Is this another limitation of the BB without the BES?

Thanks again

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by wmorimot
    rcbjr,

thanks.

I tried using BIS and I setup 2 emails - 1 for the blackberry.net address and 1 with my work email accessing it via the Outlook Web Access.

I successfully got my attachments (JPG, word, excel & PDF) on the blackberry, however when I opened the attachment, the formatting of the word & excel files were all messed up. The PDF file, which is a linework drawing, didn't even show up. The JPG file was the only one that worked.
    As to the formating, remember you are taking a file that is meant to be displayed on a full size screen and trying to display it on a much smaller screen. If you kept the formating and layout of the document or excel file, you wouldn't be able to make any sense out of it or would have to scroll an extreme amount. As to the PDF, sounds like it was a scanned image PDF which is extremely difficult to convert without the Adobe Acrobat reader for mobile, which is not compatible with Blackberry devices.

Is this the limitations of the attachment viewer with BIS? Is it any better with BES (w/o Redirector)? Is my only option to go with the 3rd party software?
    I'm not sure about BES, but I think you will find they are that much different in the way they display doc, .xls, or pdf files.
    Also, I thought that the BB would sync with ALL the e-mails and sub-folders in my work email program (Outlook 2003) . It seems like it only syncs with the emails that have been received after the BIS is setup. Is this another limitation of the BB without the BES?
    Again, not entirely sure, but I believe there is a limit on previous emails that will be added to your BB when initially setting it up on BES also. As to folders reconciled, it will only be those that reside on the Exchange Server, not your personal folders. With BIS, if the server connection is through POP3, it will only be what is in the Server Inbox, if IMAP, there may be some capability to reconcile with Inbox subfolders.

Thanks again
    Hope this Helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Sentinel5 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Unable to Open Email Attachments...

We get these issues once in a while - also not sure what the problems is.. it stops working on one or two devices. To save time, I just wipe the devices and re-instate them. Not sure that helps anyone but it saves wasting time with users who haven't got the time of day!

ironhokie no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Mick, I just sent a doc file to my pearl on Cingular and had no problem opening it. You might want to call your BB Admin and make sure that attachments are set up for your BB. Also Check in Options/Advanced Options/Applications for the the Blackberry Attachment Service entry. It may not have gotten loaded when the OS was installed.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    I dont seem to have the Blackberry Attachment Service Entry. How do I go about getting this?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I would reinstall the handheld software (OS) on your PC, it should be located in the application loader.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12