I know this has probably been discussed, but I believe my issue might be a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Mrb4571 no está en línea Stack level 1

UMA issue on unlocked BB Flip

Advertisement

I know this has probably been discussed, but I believe my issue might be a little different. If not please, if you can lead me to the right topic, that would be great. Hopefully you all can help.

I have a BB Flip with WiFi Capabilites. I can connect to the WiFi network and surf the web like a champ but I can not get the UMA to show up in order to makle voice calls under a UMA. It stays on EDGE (yes Caps). Also, I do have full data plan active on the device.

Couple of notes:
    1.) The Flip is an unlocked T-Mobile with a At&T sim installed. Everything works under good coverage areas
    2.) I also have a BB Curve (Work issued) that I use on the same router at home and it works great, although it is not an Unlocked device...it is on T Mobile...this makes me think it is not a router issue.

I have already tried the below:
    1.) Changed the TCP -> from ecp.tmobile.com to .Voicestream.com setting - No Luck
    2.) Moved my Home router to the top of list under WiFi connections
    3.) Changed my browser to Hotspot

Any help advice you can offer would be great!

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I can be wrong, but isn't UMA for T-Mobile? Wouldn't you have to have T-Mobile to use it.

If not, make sure you have the WiFi preferred option set in your network settings.

Oh and your APN would need to be an AT&T apn not T-Mobile apn.

Mrb4571 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I was thinking the same thing on the UMA issue, but I was not sure.

I looked up the APN for AT&T and it is listed as Proxy...did not work.

I do have the WiFi Prefferred option set on the phone as well. I am thinking that the UMA is not working due to it being an unlocked Tmobile device on an AT&T sim, but the internet works with while on wifi with no cell coverage.

Strange. Anyone else got any ideas?