So I had a random idea, and it spawned from my unrelenting need to troubleshoot ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Lightbulb Uber support network idea

Advertisement

So I had a random idea, and it spawned from my unrelenting need to troubleshoot stuff.

There are a bunch of people on the stacks that tend to enjoy troubleshooting the problems that are around. My idea was to use BB messenger for more than just friendly chat but also have a group of people that could work together quickly when there is a particularly difficult problem presented. That way even if we didn't happen to be able to sit and peruse the stacks, we would possibly still be available to at least discuss the issue and perhaps find a resolution with the troubleshooters that are on the stacks at the moment.

So what I was wondering is, does anyone else think that this sort of uber rapid response team would be useful? Or maybe just fun? Do the Stacks already fulfill this sufficiently for everyone? Any other ideas?

Comments appreciated!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Uber support network idea

Are you thing like chat room style one BB messenger?

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Yeah sort of. Say someone see's a particularly odd problem and everyone is getting stumped so far, then someone that was in this 'team' could jump on BBIM and start asking around to those of us that enjoy troubleshooting WAY too much.

This would be in hopes that putting our heads together in this manner would come up with a fast solution. However, there just may not be a need for this sort of thing either. And then it could just turn out to be a fun way to network with other IT geeks.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

I have used it before for just that reason, biggest hurdle in my opinion is alot of times the BB in question won't power up? That and I have horrid service in my area, I'll be moving to a diff area soon
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!