Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey guys! I was just wondering if anybody knows anything about how I go about ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

u.s. bb to be used overseas?

Advertisement

Hey guys! I was just wondering if anybody knows anything about how I go about using my *unlocked* bb overseas? I'm going to Philippines with my family and loved ones next month and I want to use my bb while I'm there for internet and get my emails and maybe some phone calls. but I don't want to come home and be charged gazillions of dollars! What do I need to do? Pin me or respond here, thanks!

PIN/ID
    2277FD30

Re: u.s. bb to be used overseas?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hmm nothing?!

Zekialstone no está en línea Stack level 3

I am not an expert, but I think that is something you must ask your service provider. I know T-mobile has plans for that stuff, but it is still expensive =/

Zekialstone no está en línea Stack level 3

I am not an expert, but I think that is something you must ask your service provider. I know T-mobile has plans for that stuff, but it is still expensive =/

chopperhead no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

I too got my bb pearl from the states and for you to use it here you must have it unlocked. though it little expensive to have it unlocked it is best alternative for me as am using this locally. your situation is quite different coz local usage limited to time of stay in phil unless you willing to spend 4,500 pesos just to unlock at greenhills. then you can just buy local SIM card and bingo! you can use it for texting and calls but not email and browsing as local telecom will not accept registration if device purchased elsewhere.

Jaspreet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E77069

it will be very expensive for you take T-Mo sim there and using services...secondly dont do that it will abuse terms and conditions of service providers and will be creating a problem for other innocent users

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

what i would do is find a carrier in the country you're visiting that sells cheap prepay phones that use sim cards.... then just put the sim in your bb... you won't have data services though.

chopperhead no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

tried using local SIM but bb wont recognize unless unblocked. yeah, buying cheap phone and local SIM best solution considering your temporary stay.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Check to see if your Carrier has an international data roaming plan. It shouldn't be too expensive. But make sure they have an agreement with a carrier that supports BlackBerry data in the location where you will spend most of your time.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

smomus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248B113c

audreypearl,
    a few weeks ago I called tmo re a question and the rep told me that somehow I was on a plan that I could use all features on my bb internationally with no extra charge as long as i could get service... he sounded surprised about this fact but my original question had nothing to do with this so i did not delve into it any farther... but anyway i'm sure if you call them they can help you out... tmo always has stellar customer service
    SMO ;-)

PIN/ID
    2277FD30

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thank you everyone! Yeah I googled it and found out that since my bb is already unlocked I could just buy a new sim card from there for like literally 5 bucks! And I
    could reload it if I need to for dirt cheap as well. Good lord! lol but I really just wanted to use my data there and what not to find stores and just have my precious internet on my fingertips! The convenience! Ill be with my family all the time not straying too far away so I really won't need to call anybody or txt or anything. I guess ill look into it once I'm there! Or call tmo! Again thanks! Yay I can't wait to gooo!

PIN/ID
    2277FD30
    Quote Originally Posted by chopperhead
    I too got my bb pearl from the states and for you to use it here you must have it unlocked. though it little expensive to have it unlocked it is best alternative for me as am using this locally. your situation is quite different coz local usage limited to time of stay in phil unless you willing to spend 4,500 pesos just to unlock at greenhills. then you can just buy local SIM card and bingo! you can use it for texting and calls but not email and browsing as local telecom will not accept registration if device purchased elsewhere.
    Are there any like prepaid kind of internet there that I can buy and use on my bb? One thing I love about blackberrys is the convenience of having the world literally on my fingertips via the internet. I google everything I don't know! lol but I probably won't care too much if I end up not having internet its a vacation after all! Heck ill just leave my bb at home! Or not! Its my life! We re connected from my thumb to its keypad! Haha I'm such a dork! But anyway, thank you! We re going to cebu by the way. I can't wait to go shopping! You think $300 is enough? For 2 weeks stay? lol just for shopping!

PIN/ID
    2277FD30
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaspreet
    it will be very expensive for you take T-Mo sim there and using services...secondly dont do that it will abuse terms and conditions of service providers and will be creating a problem for other innocent users
    What innocent users?

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Smile Re: u.s. bb to be used overseas?

Quote Originally Posted by audreypearl
    Hey guys! I was just wondering if anybody knows anything about how I go about using my *unlocked* bb overseas? I'm going to Philippines with my family and loved ones next month and I want to use my bb while I'm there for internet and get my emails and maybe some phone calls. but I don't want to come home and be charged gazillions of dollars! What do I need to do? Pin me or respond here, thanks!
    Hello Audrey! You can talk to Globe and ask them for the service. Once you put the Sim Card the BB will automatically set it up for you. Thats what a lot of my friends do. when they visit the Philippines. You can PIN me when you get here and im sure we can arrange something with GLOBE.
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by audreypearl
    Are there any like prepaid kind of internet there that I can buy and use on my bb?
    I'd verify that with the carriers over there before you head out. Otherwise, get an international BB data plan from your carrier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast