Okay, so this free game that RIM hands out on their blackberry website installed itself ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

typeoholic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23eb5198

Typing Trooper or BB Snooper??

Advertisement

Okay, so this free game that RIM hands out on their blackberry website installed itself w/o my permission. I did a deletion through the applications listing, try the icon still remains. When clicking on the stubborn icon, it simply opens my BB browser and takes me to the BB terms of service for said software in an attempt to reinstall. And yes, I have pulled my battery after removing it. Anyone have suggestions that they might care to offer?

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T
    probably part of the service book package from your provider. check your service book modules, you may be able to remove it from there.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It's a service book sent by your carrier. You can delete the service book but it may come back each time you reboot or if you resend your service books when troubleshooting. It's just a download launcher, doesn't take up much space....might be easier to just hide it. Verizon has had that in their service books for months and I think T-Mobile just added it too.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

hcdemon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2152CB42
    Odd, I have Tmo and I just re-sent my service books to see and nothing. Maybe not rolled out in all areas on Tmo yet.

*EDIT* I also don't see any new games listed in the free section on mobile.blackberry.com

mmdogg01 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3061FF98
    So, after extensively trying to work out this problem on the phone with T-mobile and RIM both deny sending it in the service books. Obviously Rim's lying. It downloads one of their apps and when I talked to the T-Mobile agent she said there's something fishy with the entry that RIM entered. Instead of a 2 digit identifier for the service book it's a string of zeros. After talking to the RIM representative he suggested I delete the service book database from my phone and they'll resend them to me. Using desktop manager I went to backup and restore. Backed up my BB and then clicked advanced and deleted my service book database. Didn't fix it. Then, he suggested a handheld wipe and reload of the software. Took an hour. So Far, it's worked but we'll see for how long until it comes back, it's only been a few hours. Hopefully, this helps, just remember if you choose to try what I did make sure to back up your BB. Please don't hold me liable for your loss of data. lol ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

typeoholic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23eb5198
    Its a secret service agent installation of the international government. The install is their all seeing eye as a portal into your private and valuable data. No information is secure in this day and age. May anarchy prevail!

It refuses to remove its blasted self from my BB. This is grounds for a call to war!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

animalpop no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AB300C
    bah, i can't get the game to even play, says it can't find spell check

antoinetteL3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have noticed the same thing. I registered again and reloaded my phone and there it was. I tried to delte it and it's still there. I guess it's because of the .81 OS I just installed.

nsantora no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just noticed this thing the other day show up in my menu of apps but its not listed when I go to my application list via options and advanced options. When I click on it it brings me to an end user agreement link saying its 3rd party software and RIM is not liable. So that alone is a red flag. The fact that even tech support finds it fishy but has no idea what it is really bothers me. Just hiding it and forgetting its there is not an acceptable solution, not for what we pay every month. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Its a free game don't panic! It u don't want it just don't accept terms and agreement!

mmdogg01 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3061FF98
    That's not the point butterfly. Most of us are btichin and moanin cuz it's taking up space and we didn't even ask for it in the first place. That alone irritates the hell out of me. It's the same with the Facebook app too. I hate it and want it gone. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T
    remove it from your service book.

options -> advanced options -> service book

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by mmdogg01 View Post
    That's not the point butterfly. Most of us are btichin and moanin cuz it's taking up space and we didn't even ask for it in the first place. That alone irritates the hell out of me. It's the same with the Facebook app too. I hate it and want it gone. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Here here! I think its BS! That these carriers send this crap to us. Now I got some stupid yellow pages icon that was sent to me last week courtesy of ATT and I hate it. Its my phone, my property its just not right.