before when i would type a txt or something say i would want the letter ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dj56 no está en línea Stack level 2

typing question

Advertisement

before when i would type a txt or something say i would want the letter B but N would come up then right below it i could choose with the trackball by clicking either B or N now it doesnt give me that option anymore did i accidentally change something or what??

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: typing question

Check your input method in Options, or you may have Autotext turned off in SMS. Does it just give you a B? You may have multitap turned on.

tmrepp no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me

I have a question in the same regard, but differs a bit which I felt didn't need a whole new thread...now onto the question.

When sending an text or e-mail, I want to type "u" meaning you, but instead an I pops up before a U, even though the U is before the I on the key... is there any way to change the priority to that order?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by tmrepp
    I have a question in the same regard, but differs a bit which I felt didn't need a whole new thread...now onto the question.

When sending an text or e-mail, I want to type "u" meaning you, but instead an I pops up before a U, even though the U is before the I on the key... is there any way to change the priority to that order?
    Only if you use multitap. It prioritized the I because it's more likely to start a word, or be typed by itself. At least according to your typing habits.

PIN/ID
    ask me

Is there any way to reset it? I type u a lot more than I...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Try this: Go to your custom word list in your options and delete all the words starting with I's. That just might do the trick.

PIN/ID
    ask me

worked! Thanks a ton...when typing to friends it gets annoying to have it say I instead of u when I don't have to speak properly...but when I do I'd rather just type it out. You know? haha thanks a lot, definitely prompt too!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

You can disable the autotext for SMS's only, it's in Options > SMS, I believe. Useful if you just like shorthand. Also if you type certain words a lot you can set up an AutoText entry for them. So everytime you type "zz" for instance, you can have it AutoText to "zombies" or whatever is useful.