Hey, i just got a pearl a few days ago. Ive been having fun playing ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Dennisdgd no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Txt Msg Ringtone/Applications

Advertisement

Hey, i just got a pearl a few days ago. Ive been having fun playing with it but something i cant figure out is how to change the ringtone for txt msgs? its really bugging me that i cant find it. Ive tried to google it and i also tried to search for an answer in the forum but couldnt find one. Also being that this is my first blackberry i didnt figure that i could download new applications on my bb , now that i know better, what are some sites that i can use to find some free applications?

Any help would be appreciated, especially about the ringtone...

thx.

-Dennisdgd

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Txt Msg Ringtone/Applications

For free downloads check here... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/downloads.php

I dont have the pearl so cant give you the exact location for changing the notification, not sure if its the same as my BB. Check your profiles, edit the current profile and see if you can change it there.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

bring up the menu, Profiles, then scroll down to 'Advanced'. You can then add a new profile or edit a current one. once inside you will see a list of different applications that can be set to ring, vibrate, do a combination, blink, or be silent. it then breaks it down to the different types of messages. pin, txt, mms, etc.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by Dennisdgd
    Hey, i just got a pearl a few days ago. Ive been having fun playing with it but something i cant figure out is how to change the ringtone for txt msgs? its really bugging me that i cant find it. Ive tried to google it and i also tried to search for an answer in the forum but couldnt find one. Also being that this is my first blackberry i didnt figure that i could download new applications on my bb , now that i know better, what are some sites that i can use to find some free applications?

Any help would be appreciated, especially about the ringtone...

thx.

-Dennisdgd
    Just go into your profiles, scroll all the way down and to advanced. Select it and then select the profile you want to edit. Edit the tone to your liking for which ever application listed. SMS Text should be second to last.

Dennisdgd no está en línea Stack level 1

Ohh thanks guys, finally, i found it and changed it. And the website is pretty sweet too, thanks.

Thx.

-Dennisdgd