I'm a new BB pearl user, trying to figure something out since this is my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

stylo4444 no está en línea Stack level 2

Txt Message received alert?

Advertisement

I'm a new BB pearl user, trying to figure something out since this is my first BB product.

If a txt is received, is there any alert of some sort? As in getting the screen to light up indicating that something has been received when the phone is on silent? Right now, I just have to check myself to see if anything has been received, and I'm trying to see what the best way is to avoid that and just checking my phone when I know something has been received.

Personally I don't like turning my ringer on, I try to keep it on silent as much as I can but I will check the phone when given an opportunity.

Thanks.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: Txt Message received alert?

Hi stylo4444,

Go to the profile your using and make the change for that alert. I think you should be able to do what your wanting.

profiles>advanced

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

The LED also flashes red when you have a message in all profiles (except phone only?).

stylo4444 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks for the help, the red LED lighting up does help indeed.

Appreciate it!

gocubbies13 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey everyone, new to the stacks here. I've been reading alot of the threads here and have got my pearl working awesome.

Stylo, To change all the alerts go to the menu then click profiles. Scroll down to where it says advanced and click. Highlight the profile you want to edit (ex. normal) and hit the menu button, then edit. You will be able to change all your alert settings amongst other options.

I look forward to all the help this site will provide. Hopefully we can get this slingbox to pearl thing going soon.