hey my tone ringer all of a sudden stopped working and I checked all the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rkhettry23 no está en línea Stack level 1

Two strange pearl problems

Advertisement

hey my tone ringer all of a sudden stopped working and I checked all the advanced settings under phone and everything was set correctly. I took it to the tmobile kiosk at our local mall and they coudn't figure it out either, but they did say the manager had the same problem on his pearl......my other weird issue is when I call someone it does not ring, when someone picks up I am just automatically connected to them.....if anybody has heard of anything like this please share some knowledge....thanks guys, this site rocks

tvguru no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Two strange pearl problems

I know I don't have the definitive answer for you, but every time I have a weird issue I pull the battery for a min or so and then everything is back to the way it should be. Giver a shot, good luck.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Rkhettry, as Tvguru said, it's usually a good idea to do a battery pull when you have something like that happen. As far as not hearing a ring, just when someone picks up, that does happen to me occasionally, usually when I'm calling someone's cell phone. It is annoying, but I haven't really looked into it because it doesn't happen all the time.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~have you maybe hit the button on top to mute your ringer?

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

I doubt this is a pull-battery fix. I dont know what could be wrong, maybe the OS or the hardware issue it self

well the battery pull worked on the one problem.....now when I call someone I hear it ring in my ear to let me know the call is trying to connect...now I have a bigger problem though....I cannot accept calls it goes straight to my voicemail and it shows up on my screen as a missed call.....what do I do now? I pulled the battery two times to try and fix it and I got nowhere (I also tried turning on and off wireless a few times)...

EDIT: By the way, thank you all!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Open up profiles, scroll down to advanced then select the profile you are using. Click to edit phone. Scroll down to the bottom, if "Do not disturb" is set to yes, change to no, save and exit.

What you're describing usually happens when do not disturb is selected.

thank you so much, this site is truly a great reference and troubleshooting website! Keep up the great work and I will definitely pass this site along to all my other BB friends