I cannot seem to turn off the 'SELECT' function and that is throwing off my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

georgegervin44 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Turning 'SELECT' Function OFF (8130)

Advertisement

I cannot seem to turn off the 'SELECT' function and that is throwing off my Full Options screen, as well. When looking at my screen, the CAP and/or NUM icon is showing in the upper right-hand corner and I can't get it off. Tried turing it off/on to no avail. Due to this, I can't open SMS texts, nor can I start dialing a number from the home screen (it just starts typing letters).

Any and help is much appreciated.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Turning 'SELECT' Function OFF (8130)

Try this.. Open an email message and scroll into the message, if it starts selecting click the menu key and choose cancel selection. That should turn it off.

jrflanne no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by georgegervin44 View Post
    I cannot seem to turn off the 'SELECT' function and that is throwing off my Full Options screen, as well. When looking at my screen, the CAP and/or NUM icon is showing in the upper right-hand corner and I can't get it off. Tried turing it off/on to no avail. Due to this, I can't open SMS texts, nor can I start dialing a number from the home screen (it just starts typing letters).

Any and help is much appreciated.
    I am having the exact same problem. How do you turn off select mode? The previous suggestion doesn't work for me. Thanks.
    Jack

Smooth23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Pull the battery and reboot.

jrflanne no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hola,
    I was hoping for something more exotic, like how did this happen in the first place? So far, I'm not very impressed with the Pearl. Basically, this "feature" renders the phone rather unusable. I pulled the battery the last time. Thanks.
    j