Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm also one of those "creepy" people who wants to turn off the shutter sound. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

yetiwisdom no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Turning Digital Camera "snapshot" sound off?

Advertisement

I'm also one of those "creepy" people who wants to turn off the shutter sound. Surprisingly, I don't want to take upskirt, stripper or locker-room photos, I just want to be able to take candids of friends when we're out without drawing unnecessary attention and interfering with the flow of conversation. I think the implication that wanting to turn off the shutter sound is "creepy" is pretty infantile. And to the folks that keep saying it's a privacy issue, I doubt it. If that was the case it'd be mandatory on DIGITAL CAMERAS too, but it's not. And let's face it, if you're out in public you've got no right to privacy anyway (see: London CCTV network and US DHS)

I respectfully request that you, Ubergeek &/or Blackberry Ninja, assist us in this cause. I will reward you with praise, good vibrations and the finest Karma I can muster, not to mention the sum of $5 deposited into a PayPal account of your choice!

Anyone else care to ante up a couple of bucks for the solution? Said solution would kill the sound for good but be reversible if need be. As earlier posters have said, perhaps replacing the sound file with a blank one would do the trick..?

pearlbounty.20.tpk@xoxy.net

melni no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Re: Turning Digital Camera "snapshot" sound off?

I just want to be able to take pictures of bizarre hair-dos without tipping people off. If that violates privacy, then I guess I'm creepy.

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

yeah, i just wanna take pics of my co-workers sleepin on the job without wakin em up. awesome for blackmailing free lunches.

jeff000 no está en línea Stack level 1

I know with my old Razr there was a bit editor where you could go in and change just about anything, including turning off the camera sound. Now the BB is a bit more complicated, but I would assume the same idea would apply.

bonelafide no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FFECE7

look, try this...

right when you are about to take the picture, cough or let loose a long loud fart.. and BAM! "who farted?" no one is even going to know you took a picture.

haha, just playing. But yah, it is kind of weird how you cant disable the sound.

bfdm_mexi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a27821

that is odd.. even my old RAZR you could completely disable the sound or if you were feeling spontanious you could even make it do a monkey sound ... perfect for cubicle conversation... "was that a monkey?"... hahahahah ... prob the best sound file would be a silent file replaced in the directory of the orig file in the BB... the ol switcheroooo... I'm still a noob so i have no clue how...
    AT&T. 9000 Bold. Fresno, CA

toxic69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20537f3b

its a shame you cant change the sound the shutter sound is a bit lame
    PIN ME 20537F3B

boblincoln no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3180B706

Yeah! I am actually trying to photo-blog my horrific life of a grad student. I am trying to take pictures while in class...and the flash sound is brutal. I just tried the headphones thing and that didn't work. My classmate just looked at me creepily when he heard the shutter and saw me pushing my phone into my leg...as I was preemptively trying to muffle any possible noise.

There has to be a sound directory where I can delete this sound! (wap.pinstack.com)~

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Lol If anyone knows how to open and edit a .COD file. then we could change the code to not play a sound but unitll i find someone that knows how to deal with a cod file then we cant do it

d-design no está en línea Stack level 1

lol... its very funny.. a little sound can make a such big problem hihi.. but.. i hate it too..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12