Hello, I am new to the Blackberry world and recently purchased a Pearl. I am ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

keyah no está en línea Stack level 1

Turn on screen when new sms text

Advertisement

Hello,
    I am new to the Blackberry world and recently purchased a Pearl. I am beginning to master it, but I still have a problem with the profiles. The thing is I get it to vibrate, ring etc.. whenever I want, but when I receive a new sms, I can only get it to vibrate and/or ring, the screen doesn't illuminate like it would on other mobiles...Is there a way to do this or you simply just can't ? I want this because I often put it on my desk on Quiet mode, and it's the only way to see a new sms...

Thank you

aswanideep no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up Re: Turn on screen when new sms text

Quote Originally Posted by keyah View Post
    Hello,
    I am new to the Blackberry world and recently purchased a Pearl. I am beginning to master it, but I still have a problem with the profiles. The thing is I get it to vibrate, ring etc.. whenever I want, but when I receive a new sms, I can only get it to vibrate and/or ring, the screen doesn't illuminate like it would on other mobiles...Is there a way to do this or you simply just can't ? I want this because I often put it on my desk on Quiet mode, and it's the only way to see a new sms...

Thank you
    Go to profiles, scroll down & select advanced.
    now you can edit & change the way of profile, however you NEED !

wellcome to the world of BB

Re: Turn on screen when new sms text

I know, I tried that but there seems that there's no option to do it...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

If you set repeat notification to led flashing the red light will flash for a few minutes after receiving a message. Just position the BB so you can see if the light comes on while its on your desk.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    If you set repeat notification to led flashing the red light will flash for a few minutes after receiving a message. Just position the BB so you can see if the light comes on while its on your desk.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah that's what Im doing actually, seems there's no solution...thanks for the help anyways !