Anyway to turn off SureType permanently? I hate to start typing and find out SureType ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

spdracer no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203A72C6

Turn off SureType

Advertisement

Anyway to turn off SureType permanently? I hate to start typing and find out SureType got re-enabled somehow and then have to del and turn it off.

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    Not sure why you'd want to turn it off? When I had my old 7130c, I loved the SureType.

Don't know how to help you, though, b/c I don't use that phone anymore. Sorry.
    Lis (not dead, but Berried)
    Music is feelings unspoken.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Suretype is there to help you. Once it learns all your words and you edit your dictionary a little bit. It will make everything much easier.

If you do turn it off permanetly it will constantly have the multitap icon in the upper right hand corner.

Rizzleman716 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C680E5
    Well you obviously don't find it uselful..
    There is 2 ways you can take it off.. When in a message you can, swith to MultiTap and that usually turns it off.
    But to take it off and never look back lol, you can go to your options and language and then you can go to English(multi-tap)
    That should help!
    Hope it works =)

spdracer no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203A72C6
    Thanks for the replies. I don't like it so would just as soon turn it off. thanks Rizzleman.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Oh, there is good reason not to like it. I often write in several languages, in successive emails or sometimes within the same email, and Suretype (as well as "conveniences" such as turning "mn" to "min") is a constant annoyance.

Yes, I do use the standard English character set for all of them. No, I cannot be bothered to be constantly switching input languages.

ramsicle no está en línea Stack level 2
    the sad thing is... once suretype is on... you sorta get used to it... and when you turn it off its like X_X its hard to type again... i hate t9

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsicle View Post
    the sad thing is... once suretype is on... you sorta get used to it... and when you turn it off its like X_X its hard to type again... i hate t9

You even form habits that carry over when typing on a regular PC keyboard