I'm a really new Pearl owner, and after less than 24 hours, I'm already thinking ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Deni831 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Turn off AutoText?

Advertisement

I'm a really new Pearl owner, and after less than 24 hours, I'm already thinking about trading it for something different, only because of the AutoText. I've searched the forums for a way to turn AutoText off, I've looked on help on my BB, I've tried everything I can think of...can someone please point me in the right direction? Also, when I DO manage to get it turned off, will it turn off both SMS and e-mailing...I would like everything associated with typing to be by key touches only.

Thanks so much!
    Denise

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Go to a field where you can type, like a message. Click the menu key(just left of the trackball) and click "enable multitap"

You may need to do this again after rebooting your phone, but otherwise it should stay in multitap mode unless you click enable suretype.

But give suretype a chance, once you're used to it, it's much faster!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    if you can find a on/off switch for auto text you could go into options the auto text and delete all the fields inside. Just my two cents from just looking

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I don't know how this applies to e-mails, but under Options > SMS, you have the option to disable Autotext

Thanks..that seems to have worked so far. I'll try rebooting and see if the change stays. I know that I really should give it AutoText a chance, but I'm just so frustrated with it...I don't think that I really understand it enough. Maybe I'll try it again later, but for now I'm still trying to learn everything else
    Thanks again!
    Denise

I tried that and it didn't work...in SMS or anywhere. When I went back into the Options, disable was still selected, but it was still AutoText.
    Thanks!
    Denise

I'm too afraid to delete anything!! I would probably end up without a working phone! LOL Things just seem to work out like that for me!

icuqtpie no está en línea Stack level 3
    Go into options and then language and under input select united states, multitap that should fix it as long as you save it! I totally hate autotext

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Autotext is really great and help speed up what you are typing. It can be a little crazy at first, but once your BB learns your custom words and you get the hang of it is actually the only way to go. My suggestion is to be patient with it. Let us know what you decide. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

uncleman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317BC293
    My 2 cents.....I totally agree with Mr Carter. I HATED suretype at first but after a couple weeks fell in love with it. Now, 8 months later, I'm nearly as fast on suretype as I am on a PC keyboard. Not to mention that I'm a crappy speller and autotext helps with that too!

Hahaha yes, it helps with spelling also. Both SureType and autotext are great tools to have on. At first it might be a bit bumpy but the end result is great. Trust us on this. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks! So far I still have it turned off, but maybe I'll give it another try after I learn everything else there is to know first!

Denise

Sounds like a plan. Good luck with your BB, I'm sure you are going to love it. Via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~