Hey everyone! I was wondering do anyone else get this page when you use blackberry ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

fieryknight no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2425F228

Tunnel or Forbidden SSL Connection Issue

Advertisement

Hey everyone! I was wondering do anyone else get this page when you use blackberry as a modem and get this message when they go on certain websites such as facebook.com, contacting t-mobile through email and many more sites.

Description: 80 is not an allowed port for Tunnel or SSL connections"

Does anyone have a solution to fix this or is experiencing the same thing because it just started saying this for like a month now?
    Last edited by fieryknight; 05-22-2008 at 10:43 PM.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by fieryknight View Post
    Hey everyone! I was wondering do anyone else get this page when you use blackberry as a modem and get this message when they go on certain websites such as facebook.com, contacting t-mobile through email and many more sites.

Description: 80 is not an allowed port for Tunnel or SSL connections"

Does anyone have a solution to fix this or is experiencing the same thing because it just started saying this for like a month now?
    Facebook and some of the other sites use 80 as the SSL (secured socket layer) for access to their site. It's my understanding that this is a somewhat recent block that originates at T-Mobile.

Therefore I would encourage you to get in touch with T-Mobile tech support directly and see if there is a work around for this.

Let us know how you do, I would be curious to know what T-Mobiles response is.

Cheers!

PIN/ID
    LESS
    I have heard its the socket that they block. they also block another one that I cannot remember at the moment.

I heard you could just call T-Mobile directly and that they will open it up for you.

PIN/ID
    2425F228
    I called T-mobile and their response, " We cannot help you with that issue, we can only help to the point of using ur phone as a modem adn nothin more.."

PIN/ID
    LESS
    I would try calling them again and hope to get a better rep.

PIN/ID
    2425F228
    Yea that's what im gonna do..

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Great let us know how it goes.

PIN/ID
    2425F228
    ok will do..

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Back in the days of dialup I did get my ISP to block certain ports that were being
    abused by malware purveyors. I'd like to know whether T-Mobile is willing to do as much (if they can unblock, they can also block!)

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by fieryknight View Post
    I called T-mobile and their response, " We cannot help you with that issue, we can only help to the point of using ur phone as a modem adn nothin more.."
    -----
    When you call back, remember the first person you get is level one with no authority. If that person will not assist ask to have the call escalated to the next person. Now you will be working with someon who can get things done.