Hello all - I just received my pearl today and I'm in the process of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

vankai no está en línea Stack level 1

trying to understand address book

Advertisement

Hello all -

I just received my pearl today and I'm in the process of setting everything up. I got my contacts imported over from my last phone. However, I can't seem to figure out how to setup multiple contacts. Pretty much what I'm looking to do is to more than one number assigned to one contact name. That way I don't see 3-4 of the same name in my address book. Is this possible on the Pearl? If so, could someone be so kind to inform me on how to do this? Thanks in advance.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: trying to understand address book

when you go to your contact/address book and click on the person's name that is in there, you don't see fields to add mulitiple numbers?
    go to address book, click on persons name, click menu (key to left of ball) and choose edit

Yes I have that, but I was wondering if there was an easier way of doing this without manually adding it. I had my contacts off my last phone transferred to my new sim card and then imported to my phone.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sorry this is how you got to do it.

Last edited by StaceyRVC; 04-23-2007 at 08:18 PM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by vankai
    Yes I have that, but I was wondering if there was an easier way of doing this without manually adding it. I had my contacts off my last phone transferred to my new sim card and then imported to my phone.
    Unfortunately the SIM stores the numbers seperately for mobile, home, work,etc. I had that problem also. Just Cut-n-Paste. I finally figured there was cut-n-paste option half way through my address book.

Hope that helps.

Thats what I thought. I did the cut and paste from Outlook and it took me about 10 minutes. Thanks for all the help!