i tried using this thread. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...onnected-5178/ but I get stopped on step 6. I have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

trying to reinstall OS on my 8120

Advertisement

i tried using this thread. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...onnected-5178/

but I get stopped on step 6. I have my Berry connected without a battery and my windows XP says that device has malfunctioned. Any help would be great, I would love to beable to just rid this device of everything and start over, but it isn't letting me

PIN/ID
    retired
    I orginally reported this in this thread . I have been using my phone but for e-mail only...

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Try going into c/program files/comman file/app loader and clicking on the loader file and see if it will let you do it that way. Go ahead and try this with battery in.

PIN/ID
    retired
    moderncowboy, I tried this, and it still doesn't work. I even went into the desktop manager to application loader as well, it doesn't recognize the device...I did a sync with my 8100, to see if it would work. It syncs just fine, my 8120 doesn't.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If it is recognizing one and not the other and you are sure it isn't a bad port then try this. Uninstall the Desktop Manager and the OS. Then delete the c/program files/common files/research in motion folder. Reboot your PC and then reinstall DM and the OS. Restart your PC again and hook up your device. Then open DM and see if this helps. I have had it work for me a few time.

PIN/ID
    retired
    thank you for the help Modern Cowboy, I appreciate it.

I am going to try this in a few minutes, but I have to get ready for work soon. I hope it isn't a port because if it is, I will probably be done with blackberry and t-mobile. I am tired of the dropped calls, and I thought the only solution to stay with them was to use the WIFI UMA feature, but that is only when I am at home. I have one Bar at home....anyway, I am mostly ranting here.

I am going to try this, I am whipping the device right now, and hopefully soon, I can get this to work... The download for BB desktop is about 300 megs, So it will take a few minutes

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I hope it works for you let me know. Good Luck!!

PIN/ID
    retired
    It didn't work, the computer still won't recognize the Berry

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Try another PC if you have a friend that will let you do it. If its not a bad port the other PC should recognize it like you plugged in a new mass storage device. If it doesn't recognize it then I would guess it is the port.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~