hi, i have a blackberry pearl 8130. i have the blackberry desktop manager loaded on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

phyber no está en línea Stack level 1

Trying to load programs to BB, no luck. please help

Advertisement

hi, i have a blackberry pearl 8130. i have the blackberry desktop manager loaded on my pc, and i'm trying to load some programs to the phone.

i download the apps from this website, then go thru the procedure to put it on the phone, an error message comes up every time saying, "no additional applications designed for your device was found"

i am on Alltel if that makes any difference.

please help me out. i'm trying to add a gps program and a game or two. The media manager works fine, i can send/receive media from phone to pc and etc.

thank you

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    You need to download the software OS version that's on your phone to your PC. The application loader in the desktop manager needs the BB's os to be on the PC in order to add applications. Here's a link you can get it from:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...03923A1C591DB4

Download and run the one that says 8130 wireless handheld then try again....that should fix it for you, but if not, just post back and someone will give you more help.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

phyber no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks for the link

i've triedto download it, but every time the download cuts out and fails. its probably just my crappy connection.

so, i already downloaded the newest desktop manager (using that now), what will this version do? is this an update or a seperate program?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    You need TWO different programs installed on your PC

1. The Desktop Manager from RIM
    2. The OS (operating system) for your particular device

Do you have both?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by phyber View Post
    thanks for the link

i've triedto download it, but every time the download cuts out and fails. its probably just my crappy connection.

so, i already downloaded the newest desktop manager (using that now), what will this version do? is this an update or a seperate program?
    Yes it is a separate thing, you need both like reddog said. The handheld software is not on the CD, the CD only has the desktop software, the handheld device software must also be downloaded.

If you are not able to download it due to your poor internet connection, you may be stuck with downloading only OTA(over the air) applications and themes until you manage to get the handheld software downloaded to your computer. Keep trying.

melodicbarriste no está en línea Stack level 2
    For anyone having this problem, this blog helped me a LOT when I first got my 8130 a few weeks ago. Hopefully it will help you all as much as it helped me. http://blackberry8130.wordpress.com/...-applications/