I call from my friends phone to mine and it takes about 15 seconds to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Slightly_Amused no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Trying to fix the delay inbetween calling and phone actually ringing.

Advertisement

I call from my friends phone to mine and it takes about 15 seconds to begin ringing. Im using the regular ringtones that come with the phone nothing speical but it still takes FOREVER. any help? Thanks in advance.
    "Happiness is a choice that often requires sacrifice at times."

meme405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thats carrier rerouting delay there nothing you can do... it shoudnt be 15 seconds so i hope your exagerating but it takes 3-6 seconds...

typeoholic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23eb5198
    I have noticed the same thing for the most part. Delay time seems to range from 5-15 seconds, even when standing next to the phone. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ChibiPanda no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F3A96F
    I don't know, but, i think it's something that you can't fix. Seems like it's just the carrier as meme405 said.

It's weird, 15 seconds? Because mine doesn't take that long. Never more than 5 seconds..
    I'm lonely. Drop me a PIN anytime!!

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    I'd tell the carrier about this and they can probably do more diagnostics on their end. Doesn't sound like a typical BB problem.

PIN/ID
    Ok so its 8 seconds and not 15 but still insane and it just vibrates like its trying to find the ringtone~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slightly_Amused View Post
    I call from my friends phone to mine and it takes about 15 seconds to begin ringing. Im using the regular ringtones that come with the phone nothing speical but it still takes FOREVER. any help? Thanks in advance.
    I originally called this the "T-Moblie lag" but it may be a GSM lag - don't know. What I do know is that my Alltel (CDMA) account that I had for 12 years before moving to GSM never had the lag between time of call and time of ring. Sometimes I get a call from friends who say it rang and rang and rang - I got one ring on my phone before I got the "missed call" msg.

Someone who knows more about this than I do will have to explain.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    ^^ I get that too or the phone won't ring at all.
    phatman the phat stacker!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmanxxl View Post
    ^^ I get that too or the phone won't ring at all.
    It seems that the GSM network is just plain slower than CDMA- I have nothing but experience to base that on but reality's worth a lot. Maybe if 3g ever applies to voice as well as data it'll improve.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    Ok so it is tmobile. Thanks a bunch.sucks that it takes so long~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~