Results 1 to 12 of 12

I got an email the other day that did not download. It only told me ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #1
    UKFan643's Avatar
    UKFan643 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    49

    truncated message

    Advertisement



    I got an email the other day that did not download. It only told me that the message had been truncated due to size. Is there anyway to force the phone to download the message? Thanks.

  2. #2
    cliffr39's Avatar
    cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME
    Posts
    3,064

    Re: truncated message

    under Messages \ Options \ General Options - you have a spot for Auto More. Does that say yes?
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

  3. #3
    UKFan643's Avatar
    UKFan643 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    under Messages \ Options \ General Options - you have a spot for Auto More. Does that say yes?
    Yes it does

  4. #4
    Eddie_gauge's Avatar
    Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,970

    Re: truncated message

    Quote Originally Posted by UKFan643 View Post
    I got an email the other day that did not download. It only told me that the message had been truncated due to size. Is there anyway to force the phone to download the message? Thanks.
    what is the exact error it gives? is it Truncated <number of bytes received> ?

  5. #5
    UKFan643's Avatar
    UKFan643 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    49
    No. The exact wording is "message truncated due to size."

    That shows up in the body of the email. The header was the actual subject of the message.

  6. #6
    Eddie_gauge's Avatar
    Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,970

    Re: truncated message

    Quote Originally Posted by UKFan643 View Post
    No. The exact wording is "message truncated due to size."

    That shows up in the body of the email. The header was the actual subject of the message.
    Does it say what the actual size is? it should say something like:

    Truncated <number of bytes received>
    This is what i have found

    The body of the email message is truncated

    Doc ID : KB13677
    Last Modified : 2007-11-09
    Document Type : What Is


    Print this page



    Environment

    • BlackBerry® smartphones


    Details

    When scrolling to the bottom of a newly received email message, the following is displayed:
    Truncated <number of bytes received>
    The BlackBerry smartphone can receive a maximum of 32 KB of compressed data in the message body. This is by design.

  7. #7
    Eddie_gauge's Avatar
    Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,970

    Re: truncated message

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    Does it say what the actual size is? it should say something like:

    Truncated <number of bytes received>
    This is what i have found

    The body of the email message is truncated

    Doc ID : KB13677
    Last Modified : 2007-11-09
    Document Type : What Is


    Print this page



    Environment
    • BlackBerry® smartphones

    Details

    When scrolling to the bottom of a newly received email message, the following is displayed:
    Truncated <number of bytes received>
    The BlackBerry smartphone can receive a maximum of 32 KB of compressed data in the message body. This is by design.
    If this is the case you should be able to hit menu and get a table of contents and pull from that.

  8. #8
    UKFan643's Avatar
    UKFan643 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    49
    I get no message beyond what I posted. I can't scroll down any farther. Maybe it is carrier specific? I have Verizon...

  9. #9
    itjunkie's Avatar
    itjunkie no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    32

    Re: truncated message

    Are you on a BES? This could be an IT policy.

    Bob

  10. #10
    UKFan643's Avatar
    UKFan643 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    49

    Re: truncated message

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.cpm)~

    No, I am on BIS. No IT settings for me.

  11. #11
    sjeh's Avatar
    sjeh no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6

    Re: truncated message

    Quote Originally Posted by UKFan643 View Post
    I got an email the other day that did not download. It only told me that the message had been truncated due to size. Is there anyway to force the phone to download the message? Thanks.
    i also get this when i receive a very lage attachment

  12. #12
    kurnia1h's Avatar
    kurnia1h no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1
    So the max size is 32KB.
    Then there's no solution other then I must open it from PC

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •