Hello, I am about to purchase the Blackberry Pearl (moving over from a Treo 650) ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

JiveRobot no está en línea Stack level 2

Truetype questions

Advertisement

Hello,

I am about to purchase the Blackberry Pearl (moving over from a Treo 650) and was wondering how TrueType is working for those that migrated from QWERTY? Also, is there a way to program new words into the dictionary? Like if you wanted to add in lingo (for example MWUAHAHAH).

Thanks in advanced and sorry if this has been posted before.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Truetype questions

SureType isnt bad some people like it better than qwerty, I can use either device without problems although a full QWERTY is better for me but im wiling to sacrifice for the media capabilities, And yes you can add words to your own "Custom Word list" and they get added there automatically as you type.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Re: SureType questions

Quote Originally Posted by JiveRobot
    Hello,

I am about to purchase the Blackberry Pearl (moving over from a Treo 650) and was wondering how True Type is working for those that migrated from QWERTY? Also, is there a way to program new words into the dictionary? Like if you wanted to add in lingo (for example MWUAHAHAH).

Thanks in advanced and sorry if this has been posted before.
    Some people totally used to QWERTY don't buy the Pearl or return it shortly after purchase.

Some people have big hands or fingers that makes typing on the Pearl difficult or impossible. They return the Pearl.

Some people feel that Blackberries are not true Blackberries when they have multimedia capabilities. They don't buy the Pearl and badmouth it on these boards.

Some people are mental slobs from trailer parks who cannot afford the Pearl. So they don't buy em either.

But as has been known in here, I have had every cell phone known to man, from the days they were the size of small car batteries. The Pearl is the best cell phone I have ever had [or is it a multi-media device?].

Last night while on BART [a rapid transit train here in the San Francisco Bay Area] I typed a short message to someone. With the train moving I had to concentrate on typing and also had to look carefully at the small keys.

But I only send short e-mails so the Pearl helps remind me to keep it short and sweet. If I was going to type 200 words to someone, I'd go nuts. I mostly like the fact that I can receive e-mails. Sending e-mail replies is less a function I am looking for.

I teach legal writing to law students and one of the points I try to make is to cut out all the fancy talk and get to the point. Why say in 20 pages what you can reduce to 5 pages. So sending e-mails on the Pearl is kind of the same concept.

All the added features on the Pearl are super cool and useful, but I also like the fact that the phone weighs three ounces and is very small. That plus the ability to receive e-mails makes the Pearl a pearl in my book.

Besides, I recall when I used to pay $500 for a phone and the only "feature" I was getting was that the phone was billed as "the smallest in the world." For that price the phone did nothing else except look cool when using it among my colleagues.
    Last edited by sanfrancisco; 10-09-2006 at 05:57 PM.

JiveRobot no está en línea Stack level 2

Does this mean you can help me get into Hastings or Berkeley? lol...

Thanks for the assistance. I can't wait to get this phone!

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by JiveRobot
    Does this mean you can help me get into Hastings or Berkeley? lol...

Thanks for the assistance. I can't wait to get this phone!
    Actually, depends on how much I see in my PayPal account.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

JiveRobot, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB when you get it.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have the condensed keyboard on my 7130e and don't really ever think about it when I'm typing! Keep in mind too, beyond "Custome Word Lists" there's also AutoText which allows you to type shortcuts that will expand in your message. Do a search on Pinstack for autotext I think you'll like what you see and it'll save you a lot of time retyping the same old boring responses that you always give to those same people who always ask the same questions! Have fun!