I got my Pearl a week a go today. A late Christmas present to myself. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mbarlow no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E81EC0

Lightbulb True Story!

Advertisement

I got my Pearl a week a go today. A late Christmas present to myself. I loved it instantly, but my wife compalined that the phone sounded like crap sometimes and sometimes it was perfect. I earn my living on the phone, so I was upset thinking about going back to my Treo-brick. I had read a review about voice quality problems so I was a little disappointed when she told me she could barely understand me.

As it turns out, I was covering the microphone on the bottom of the phone with the tip of my little finger as I was talking. The Pearl is so small, that I wanted the extra support of having my finger on the bottom to hold it more securely. Mystery solved - world's coolest phone for a while anyway!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: True Story!

Now, you just have to remember to keep your finger off of there.

Thanks for sharing. I'm sure there are others out there who will benefit by this.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

ha ha funny

rashumon no está en línea Stack level 2

i know what you mean - i too read some idiotic review on cnet Asia where they complained about the call sound quality. that got me nervous before buying it. however i found that to be completly untrue.
    Personally i think the sound quality on the pearl is the best i have ever experianced from a mobile phone... and i have had them all... windows mbiles, symbian nokias, samsungs and sonyEricssons.
    glad your problem turned out to be a simple thing like that

the world's coolest phone indeed!

MagicFeather no está en línea Stack level 2

if I had a dollar for every time I stuck my finger where I shouldn't have....

...I'd have 10 pearls!

squ34k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

Quote Originally Posted by MagicFeather
    if I had a dollar for every time I stuck my finger where I shouldn't have....

...I'd have 10 pearls!
    Tu che.
    Will you be my friend?
    AIM: killaninjamnky
    Y!: isitupsidedown
    MSN: squ34k@gmail.com
    PIN - 23EAD2EE

Blondiexpl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9e043

Same thing happened to me. Was soo use to the big flip phone i was like why is the quality so bad until i realized i had my finger on the speaker... nice...
    The qualty of the connection with T-mobile is actually very good and clear. But it takes getting use to holding the phone plus now its harder to do ten things at once since its harder to use my shoulder just to hold up the phone to my ear. The fact that its soo smooth does not help. I ordered a rubbery case today so hoping that will make it less likely to fall.
    Or a cheaper way would be just to use that gray tape just to tape the phone to my face .I'm patenting that idea!!