First of all, this is my first BlackBerry and I love it, and also I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

IanChristie no está en línea Stack level 1

Trouble with Youtube on the Flip

Advertisement

First of all, this is my first BlackBerry and I love it, and also I just got it recently, so I'm still finding out what I can do with it.

Now the problem is, when ever I go to play a video on you tube the media player comes up and is unable to play the video.

Is this because of the codec embedded in the stream or am I neglecting to do something?

--==Ian

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ian -- welcome to pinstack!

have you tried other videos and get the same result? the signal in my house isn't so great, but i got to the site, clicked the first link and it loaded. right now it is 'buffering" tho, so maybe just a connection issue? bc i know i've watched full videos from youtube

No luck so far

So I've been having no luck. I keep getting "An error has occurred attempting to play media." And it doesn't matter what video I've tried so far.

The OS on the Flip is the latest 4.6 release.

Honestly though, I didn't get it to play youtube videos, but t would be nice.

Oh, and I don't think it's a bandwidth issue because it does it whether I'm on Wi-Fi or Edge.

--==Ian

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Oops. Well youtube seems to be working through rogers edge network now

Davidcm2112 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305671C6
    I am on Tmobile with the newest OS and I also get an error when trying to play a YouTube video.

I'm not sure what I did, but through the Roger's Edge network i'm able to play youtube videos, but through a wi-fi network, they don't play.

Ok, Youtube is working ok for me on Edge but not Wi-Fi now. Go figure.

I'm not really sure what I did. Almost seems like Rogers and RIM have put some sort of block to prevent streaming video over Wi-Fi, forcing you to use the Edge network.

zwood no está en línea Stack level 1
    The BB has to use WAP to stream the video. It gets formatted for your phone as it goes through the careers server. That's why it won't work with wi-fi.

texastoker no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    257B19CC
    So, huh, how did you get it to work? Do you have to use the Hotspot browser if you're a Rogers cust. like me? Cause obviously the only way to get youtube mobile is through the browser, which never lets me through unless wi0fi is on.. unless im missing something to get youtube using just EDGE..sigh.

The0utkazt no está en línea Stack level 2
    first off...it kicks *** that i can use wifi when i dont pay for a data plan. However youtube doesnt work most of the time with that error message popping up... but i have gotten it to work through a wifi connection, perhaps it depends on how bogged down the wifi signal strength is to support streaming video.

crazyivan315 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Most people are not going to http://m.youtube.com works well with Bolt browser.

Nalinith no está en línea Stack level 1
    As far as YouTube, the only thing I've noticed is it's very blocky and choppy, but I kind of expected that trying to watch videos on the phone. I'm on U.S. Cellular with the 8230 which has 3G.