I have 1.3 and its great. But whenever I try to save images it won't ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

GunPants no está en línea Stack level 1

trouble with opera 1.3

Advertisement

I have 1.3 and its great. But whenever I try to save images it won't work. I looked at there help pages and I did what they said but it still didn't work. Is it a glich or I'm I doing something wrong? Thanks for the help

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: trouble with opera 1.3

You mean Opera 3.1?
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yes

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

check to see if you have the blackberry browser icon (the lil world with an arrow) in your program screen.

opera does not have a built-in save option and after choosing a picture it should lead you to a "click to download:" screen where it shows the picture in several different size formats. then after you choose one it should say:

"The application Opera Mini is attempting to invoke the browser. Would you like to allow this?"

at that point you would choose 'yes' and it would open the picture in the BB browser where you could then save it.

PIN/ID
    spam=no

if you do not see your blackberry browser icon, refetch the service books. Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing Table, *click the berry* Register Now. Once it sends you a message saying registered the blackberry browser icon should reappear and you should now be able to save pictures.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i can get all the way to the step were you select pic size (that's what I like vs the BB browser) but when I select a size nothing happens.

PIN/ID
    spam=no

did you check to see if you had the BB browser icon?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ya I have both BB browser and opera 3.1 working just fine I can save pics with the BB browser. But I was hoping to use the opera one because you can select the size you want.

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by GunPants
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ya I have both BB browser and opera 3.1 working just fine I can save pics with the BB browser. But I was hoping to use the opera one because you can select the size you want.
    I asked because without the BB browser you can not save pictures. Opera 3.1 lets you choose size, but then opens it to be saved through the BB browser. In the past I was unable to save pictures and it turned out I had lost my service books and once they were reacquired (and bb browser icon appeared) everything went back to normal in Opera.

A complete uninstall/reinstall of Opera mini should fix the problem, but wait a while and see if someone else comes along that might have another solution.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~do you know if there is some sort of setting I need to change. Like where to store the images. Or something like that?

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by GunPants
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~do you know if there is some sort of setting I need to change. Like where to store the images. Or something like that?
    there is no store images setting because Opera mini does not come with a save function built in; it piggybacks of your phones current browse. when it's time to actually save the picture it is using the BB browser to open and then you are saving the image through the BB browser.

Think of Opera as the yellow pages. It shows you where to go and gives you directions to get there, but now you still need to go to the actual store to purchase (bb browser).

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks
    For the help ninja. I will try that if I can't get it working.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i c well maybe opera and BB browser arnt talking. (they must have been fighting over my free time lol) thanks again ill probly try to reinstall opera.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

I would reinstall opera...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme