Results 1 to 10 of 10

I am having a very difficult time setting up my work email. My boss has ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #1
    jsimms243's Avatar
    jsimms243 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    204D71EB
    Posts
    32

    Trouble setting up work email

    Advertisement



    I am having a very difficult time setting up my work email. My boss has his phone set up fine (Blackjack). I copy his settings exactly and I cannot get my phone to sync up. I am getting a message about downloading some mail connection application to my corporate computer? Can someone please give me some insight on what in the world I am supposed to do. My boss did not have to do anything like this. Must be a blackberry thing? Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    antx16's Avatar
    antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    481

    Re: Trouble setting up work email

    hi are you on a bes or a bis data plan , and welcome to pinstack

  3. #3
    cp6169's Avatar
    cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Posts
    14,661

    Re: Trouble setting up work email

    Also what is your goal, to just send and receive email, or to sync information as well? Let us know so we can help you further.

  4. #4
    jsimms243's Avatar
    jsimms243 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    204D71EB
    Posts
    32

    Re: Trouble setting up work email

    Hi, and thanks for the quick responses.

    I am not sure what the differences are in a BES and BIS data plan, nor do I know what they stand for. I can tell you that I am on an unlimited data plan withT-Mobile.

    I would like to send and receive email (as I successfully do with my tmo.blackberry account, and other personal ISP account setup on my pearl), as well as sync my work email so that I receive immediately. Thanks!

  5. #5
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907

    Re: Trouble setting up work email

    Quote Originally Posted by jsimms243
    Hi, and thanks for the quick responses.

    I am not sure what the differences are in a BES and BIS data plan, nor do I know what they stand for. I can tell you that I am on an unlimited data plan withT-Mobile.

    I would like to send and receive email (as I successfully do with my tmo.blackberry account, and other personal ISP account setup on my pearl), as well as sync my work email so that I receive immediately. Thanks!
    You should be able to just sign into your TMO account and go under
    COMMUNICATION TOOLS
    Setup Blackberry Internet E-Mail

    And just add your work email to the list of accounts.

    BES = Blackberry Enterprise Server (For business/corporate) some companies have their own email server.

    BIS = Blackberry Internet Service (I think) correct me if I'm wrong.

  6. #6
    cherrichiodo's Avatar
    cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Posts
    17,164

    Re: Trouble setting up work email

    the only way that you would be able to get work email on your bb, if you are NOT ON YOUR COMPANY BES, would be to add it to your BIS plan (same place where you added the other isp emails and tmo email).

    first question: do you or can you access your company email from the net? example, i can access my work email, from anywhere, by going to mail.companyname.com and logging in with my network password. can you do this? if so, you can enter your email in as you did the others, complete with password, and see if it works. if it doesn't then your company doesn't allow OWA. log into your tmo account and just see if you can add it

  7. #7
    jsimms243's Avatar
    jsimms243 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    204D71EB
    Posts
    32

    Re: Trouble setting up work email

    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    You should be able to just sign into your TMO account and go under
    COMMUNICATION TOOLS
    Setup Blackberry Internet E-Mail

    And just add your work email to the list of accounts.
    I have done this. I log into tmo web site and it gives me the message about needing some mail connector??

    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    first question: do you or can you access your company email from the net? example, i can access my work email, from anywhere, by going to mail.companyname.com and logging in with my network password. can you do this? if so, you can enter your email in as you did the others, complete with password, and see if it works.
    Yes, I can access my mail from the net. This is actually the primary means of getting our email. While at work it is all web based through IE. I can also access my email at home by typing in an address into IE or Mozilla.

    It sounds like I have taken the steps the two of you have suggested. Cherri, you say that my company may not allow OWA (not sure what this stand for). Remember that I said that my boss, who uses a blackjack, syncs his mail with no problem. Are blackberrys that much different?

  8. #8
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907

    Re: Trouble setting up work email

    I have no idea then. It won't let you add it? I've never heard of that. A mail connector...hmmm. What's the exact error that the TMO site gives you?

    Do you guys have a seperate email server for work? Is it Outlook or Lotus?

  9. #9
    jsimms243's Avatar
    jsimms243 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    204D71EB
    Posts
    32

    Re: Trouble setting up work email

    I just called my helpdesk. I could hardly understand two words out of his mouth (foreign). I did understand, though, that I need to be at work and call the help desk back. Perhaps I will try this tomorrow and get back with you guys.

    I do not know the answer to you question reguarding the seperate email server. It should be outlook. When you load the page it says "Office outlook web access."

  10. #10
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907

    Re: Trouble setting up work email

    Oh, ok. I have no experience with outlook...sorry hopefully someone will. BUMP!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •